Which Intel processor supports the new virtualization controls?

Which Intel processor supports the new virtualization controls?

Bild des Benutzers prism1729

I am looking for some information on what processor supports new virtualization features. Specifically, I am interested in the following features:

The numbers in paranthesis denote the bit position in the secondary processor execution controls -

1. EPT-violation #VE (18)

2. VMCS shadowing (14)

3. Enable VM functions (13)

4. Virtual interrupt delivery (9)

5. Apic register virtualization (8)

I have a sandybridge (cpuid leaf1 returns family 0x6, model 0xa, stepping id 0x7) and it does not support the above features. Does anyone know of a current/future cpu that supports these features? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

4 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Benoît M.

Hi,

I don't know where you can get this information too.

But for the people who wants to help us in mining that info you can use the folowwing code on your own microprocessor.

// Set the vmx shadow enable flag and adjust it with the 1 and 0 allowed bits in IA32_VMX_PROCBASED_CTLS2 msr
uint32_t procbased_ctls_2 = 1 << 14;
uint32_t eax, ebx;
__asm__ __volatile__("rdmsr" : "=a" (eax), "=d" (edx) : "c" (0x48B));
procbased_ctls_2 |= eax;
procbased_ctls_2 &= ebx;
printk("Shadow available %d?\n", procbased_ctls_2 != 0);

Thank you.

Benoît Morgan

Bild des Benutzers Thai Le (Intel)

For a list of Intel(R) processors supporting the Intel(R) Virtualization Technology: click here.

-Thai

Bild des Benutzers Benoît M.

I have now the answer to which processors are supporting VMCS shadowing : They are with vPro 4rth generator processors.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.