can IPP run on Xeon Phi?

can IPP run on Xeon Phi?

Hello

I have some code using IPP library. Can they run on Xeon Phi? Is there some roadmap to support IPP on Xeon Phi in near future? Thanks!

Thanks!

9 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

It does look strange that the doc says -ipp nonpic isn't available for MIC, as if IPP itself were available.

Also, it's pretty difficult to perform a browser inquiry with the confusing numbering.  I note that the current version is quoted both as 2013.2.146 and 13.1.0.146.

There have been several requests about ipp but apparently no definite commitment about time schedule.

simpledsp,

Currently, MIC is not supported with IPP. Plans for MIC support have not been formally announced yet.

- Chuck

Hi Chuck

By next release, do you mean Xeon Phi 3100 or IPP's next release? 

Thanks! 

Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong, but he means next IPP release.Intel products have their own independent release schedules.This means that the plans right now (i.e. plans can change) are to have MIC support in IPP in the next release of the IPP product.

Regards
--
Taylor

Hi Taylor Thanks for your information. It is good to know IPP will support MIC.

Zitat:

Taylor Kidd (Intel) schrieb:

Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong, but he means next IPP release. Intel products have their own independent release schedules. This means that the plans right now (i.e. plans can change) are to have MIC support in IPP in the next release of the IPP product.

Regards
--
Taylor

Taylor,

MIC support in any future releases of IPP has not been announced yet. We hope to provide the support customers are requesting in the future.

Chuck

Hello

I installed ipp update (8.1.1.174). The release notes clearly indicate that this version support Xeon phi.
But when compile, with "-mic" flag, there is compiler error saying "-ipp=common not supported" .
Do anyone know how to do it right?.

You are compiling a xeon phi native version of your application, correct? Is "common not supported" a runtime error or a compile time error?

Have you made sure that the IPP libraries that you need are (1) on the coprocessor, and (2) are in the coprocessor's library path?

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen