Moving /opt/intel/mic/* to a non-default directory

Moving /opt/intel/mic/* to a non-default directory

Hello,

I would like to move /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/* to a non-default location /opt/mic/filesystem/*. This is necessary because we have a cluster configuration in which /opt/intel on the head node is NFS-shared (read-only) with compute nodes. This greatly simplifies library usage. However, with the installation of MPSS this configuration turned out to be a problem, because all compute nodes see the same /opt/mic/filesystem/*, and it leads to conflicts.

I am doing the following:

[root@compute-b1 ~]# /usr/sbin/micctrl --initdefaults
[root@compute-b1 ~]# /usr/sbin/micctrl --basedir=/opt/mic/filesystem/base
[root@compute-b1 ~]# /usr/sbin/micctrl --commondir=/opt/mic/filesystem/common
[root@compute-b1 ~]# /usr/sbin/micctrl --micdir=/opt/mic/filesystem/mic0 mic0
[root@compute-b1 ~]# /usr/sbin/micctrl --micdir=/opt/mic/filesystem/mic1 mic1

However, when I run "resetconfig", I get the following error:

[root@compute-b1 ~]# /usr/sbin/micctrl --resetconfig
[Warning] mic0: Error opening card filelist /opt/mic/filesystem/mic0.filelist: No such file or directory
[Warning] mic1: Error opening card filelist /opt/mic/filesystem/mic1.filelist: No such file or directory
 [Error] mic0: Cannot create the common directory
 [Error] mic1: Cannot create the common directory
[Warning] mic0: gen hosts error opening /opt/mic/filesystem/mic0/etc/hosts: No such file or directory
[Warning] mic1: gen hosts error opening /opt/mic/filesystem/mic1/etc/hosts: No such file or directory

Here is what my configuration files look like after all the "micctrl" commands:

[root@compute-b1 ~]# grep "Dir" -- /etc/sysconfig/mic/*conf
/etc/sysconfig/mic/default.conf:BaseDir /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/default.conf:CommonDir /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/common /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/common.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/default.conf:CrashDumpDir /var/crash/mic/
/etc/sysconfig/mic/mic0.conf:MicDir /opt/mic/filesystem/mic0 /opt/mic/filesystem/mic0.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/mic0.conf:BaseDir /opt/mic/filesystem/base /opt/mic/filesystem/base.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/mic0.conf:CommonDir /opt/mic/filesystem/common /opt/mic/filesystem/common.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/mic1.conf:MicDir /opt/mic/filesystem/mic1 /opt/mic/filesystem/mic1.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/mic1.conf:BaseDir /opt/mic/filesystem/base /opt/mic/filesystem/base.filelist
/etc/sysconfig/mic/mic1.conf:CommonDir /opt/mic/filesystem/common /opt/mic/filesystem/common.filelist

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Andrey

3 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

At this point, it is not possible to relocate /opt/intel/mic. In "Configuring Intel® Xeon PhiTM coprocessors inside a cluster" ( http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/373907/intel-r-xeo...) in the section "Installation on a cluster if /opt/intel/mic is on a shared file system", you will find a work around - basically, you replace /opt/intel/mic with a link to your node specific directory.

Thank you, Frances! The workaround did the trick on our system. The only drawback at this point is that /opt/intel must be mounted with read and write access in order to allow micctrl to write into /opt/intel/mic, but I suppose this workaround is a temporary solution.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen