So when do you need new “mod” files

So when do you need new “mod” files

I am releasing some C++/ F90 libraries built with different versions of the compiler (9,11 and 12) and with different compiler options (let’s say release, debug, optimized).

Now being a C/C++ kinda guy,  I am used to looking at my “include” files and I know I need only one set of them….. but mod files are binary. So what makes you need a different one?

-          Does changing compiler options (i.e. debug)

-          Changes to the compiler

• I assume major version change say from 11 to 12, but from 11.0 to 11.1?

-          Does bitness affect it? i.e. 32 vs 64 Bit?

-          Am I missing something?

2 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

In most cases, you need new .mod files only when changing platforms (32-bit vs. 64-bit, Windows vs. Linux, etc.)  We try very hard not to require recompiling of old .mod files when used with newer compiler versions, but sometimes there are bugs or other changes that make it necessary. The release notes document these under "Compatibility". Debug vs. Release doesn't matter.

Note that you can't assume that .mod files compiled with a newer compiler can be used with an older one.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen