Is "Warn for Nonstandard Fortran" functional for Fortran 2008 features and is it available in Visual Studio IDE

Is "Warn for Nonstandard Fortran" functional for Fortran 2008 features and is it available in Visual Studio IDE

It is unclear to me if "Warn for Nonstandard Fortran" is functional for the implemented Fortran 2008 features in Intel Compiler XE 13.1 (/stand:f08 option on Windows command line compilation).  I'm still in the early stages of learning about the new features, so I don't have any evidence that can prove either way i.e., whether this options works as intended or not.  Can anyone with experience on this elaborate further?

Also, is there a way to access this option for Fortran 2008 in the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE?  I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 and I only see Fortran 90, 95, and 2003 as options, not 2008.

Thanks,

5 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Yes, /stand:f08 is supposed to work. Let us know if you find cases where it doesn't.

You are correct - we overlooked adding this as an option to the IDE. I will ask the developers to do that.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I expect the f08 option to be added as of Update 4.

Thanks Steve.

In the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, I'm currently specifying /stand:f08 under "Additional Options" for command-line.  It seems to work - assume it is an ok workaround?

Sure, that's fine. The only issue is that it's not yet available as an IDE property.

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen