Issue when the kernel parameter intel_iommu=on is being used

Issue when the kernel parameter intel_iommu=on is being used

Hello,

I am using DPDK 1.5 for development of host pmd for device “Connect X3”.

I am observing issue  while the ConnectX3 device DMA to a memory which is allocated with rte_memzone_reserve_aligned() API .

The issue(please refer ERROR below) has been observed if the system runs with the kernel parameter “intel_iommu=on”.

########## ERROR :##################################3

dmar: DRHD: handling fault status reg 302

dmar: DMAR:[DMA Write] Request device [01:00.0] fault addr 4f883000

DMAR:[fault reason 01] Present bit in root entry is clear

####################################

The reported "fault Addr" is the physical address which was returned by the Above API.

I don’t see any issue with the same code when the system up with kernel parameter intel_iommu=off.

If I use kernel parameters intel_iommu=on and iommu=pt, then the following error has been observed.

####ERROR REPORT########
dmar: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
dmar: DMAR:[DMA Write] Request device [01:00.0] fault addr 4f883000 DMAR:[fault reason 02] Present bit in context entry is clear ##########################

Can you let me know what could be missing in my platform configuration?

2 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

Hello Sridhar,

For support questions related to the Intel(R) DPDK, Data Plane Development Kit, you can should check with the open source community @ www.dpdk.org.

Regards, -Thai

Kommentar hinterlassen

Bitte anmelden, um einen Kommentar hinzuzufügen. Sie sind noch nicht Mitglied? Jetzt teilnehmen