Intel Compiler **Internal compiler error: internal abort** related to coarray and transpose

Intel Compiler **Internal compiler error: internal abort** related to coarray and transpose

Bild des Benutzers northrup

I have run into an issue trying to use coarrays with transpose causing the Intel fortran compiler to crash.

Its on centos 6.4 with compiler version

$ ifort --version 

ifort (IFORT) 14.0.1 20131008

$ ifort testfft.short.f90 -coarray=shared -o mytest

testfft.short.f90(29): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for testfft.short.f90 (code 1)

The sample code is 

integer, parameter :: ngrid=4,ncube=2

real, dimension(ngrid/ncube*ncube,ngrid/ncube,ncube,ngrid/ncube,ncube) :: rho3[ncube,ncube,*]
complex, dimension(ngrid*ncube/2+1,ngrid/ncube,ncube,ngrid/ncube) :: crhox[ncube,ncube,*]

complex, dimension(ngrid/ncube,ncube,ncube,ngrid/ncube,ngrid/2+1) :: crhoy[ncube,ncube,*]

complex, dimension(ngrid/ncube,ncube,ncube,ngrid/2+1,ngrid/ncube) :: crhoz[ncube,ncube,*]

integer mycoord(3)
mycoord=this_image(rho3)
! align x-axis first

ic=mycoord(2)

iy=mycoord(1)

iz=mycoord(3)

! now transpose x-y

sync all

ix=mycoord(3)

ixlen=ngrid/2
do ib=1,ncube

do iy=1,ncube

do k=1,ngrid/ncube

imin=(ix-1)*ngrid/2+1

imax=imin+ixlen-1

crhoy(:,ib,iy,k,:ixlen)=transpose(crhox(imin:imax,:,ib,k)[iy,mycoord(1),mycoord(2)])

end do

end do

end do
end program

Thanks

7 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

We found another case causing a similiar compiler abort, but this time by just turning the -debug or -g flags.  The odd thing is it works fine without them, ie the default optimization level seems to compile the code and it runs as expected.

$ ifort -fpp -debug all -coarray  testfftopt.f90
010101_0

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for testfftopt.f90 (code 1)

$ifort -fpp -coarray  testfftopt.f90

but works fine.  Same setup as the previous case, ifort (IFORT) 14.0.1 20131008, it also seems to cause a crash on v13.1 of the compiler as well. 

I have attached the code.

Anlagen: 

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen testfftopt.f908 KB
Bild des Benutzers Steve Lionel (Intel)

Thanks - we'll take a look.

Steve

This is already fixed for update 2, due out in early February. For reference, our issue ID is DPD200247083. The bug relates to asking for debug information in when a contained routine contained coarray references.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the update.   Does the fix deal with the transpose and coarray issue shown in the first post example as well?

Thanks

Sorry, no. I had overlooked that you were reporting two different problems. The TRANSPOSE problem is still there and I will report it to the developers. Issue ID is DPD200252838.

Steve

The TRANSPOSE problem has been fixed and I expect the fix to be included in Update 3 (late April).

Steve

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.