HAXM Installation Error

HAXM Installation Error

Hey,

I apologize if this issue has already been discussed or resolved earlier, but I was having some troubles installing HAXM on my Macbook Pro. 

The error I was getting says "VT/NX not enabled - Your computer meets the requirements for this software, but one ore more hardware features are disabled. Intel HAXM can be installed, but will not function until these features are enabled." I've attached an image of this error box that pops up for your reference. 

The specifications for my Macbook Pro are:

Model Name: MacbBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

My laptop is several years old, but despite this, as far as I am aware, my laptop should have the necessary hardware components (VT-x, Intel EM64T, and the XD Bit functionality) automatically/permanently enabled and the HAXM installer seems to say that my laptop has the necessary requirements, but still something isn't in fact enabled. Is there any solution to this error?

Thanks and I'd appreciate any help!

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen HAXM.jpg2.83 MB
21 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.
Bild des Benutzers Josh Bancroft (Intel)

Is there any other software running on your Mac that might be using the VT virtualization hardware? For example, another virtual machine app, like Parallels, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc? The nature of VT is such that it can only be used by one program at a time. If there's something else using it, HAXM won't be able to.

Let me know if there's anything like that, and if necessary, we can continue troubleshooting from there. Thanks!

Thanks for the response Josh! I had a VMWare Fusion application which I deleted. I don't believe I have any instances of Parallels or VirtualBox installed either. I tried installing HAXM once again after I removed VMWare and I was getting the same error. Maybe I have some other program using it? Not sure if there is a way to debug that or if there is another error causing this issue. 

Thanks!

Try downloading and running our MacCPUID tool, which should tell us specifically what hardware features (like VT, XD, etc.) the system is reporting as available. Post the results here (or send them to me in a private message if you prefer), and we'll see where to go from there.

Bild des Benutzers Gael Hofemeier (Intel)

Josh does this mean that you cannot install HAXM from inside VirtualBox?

Follow me on Twitter: @GaelHof Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gh.intelblogs

HAXM cannot be installed inside another virtual environment - it must be installed/used on the operating system that's running on actual hardware. Is that what you mean about installing HAXM inside VirtualBox?

Bild des Benutzers Gael Hofemeier (Intel)

After doing some poking around, I now understand why it can't be installed inside Virtualbox (Virtualbox uses the VT-x resources and therefore HAXM cannot access them and so it you get the error message that the system has VT but is possibly not enabled in the BIOs.)  

Follow me on Twitter: @GaelHof Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gh.intelblogs

Hi,

I'm trying to install HAXM on Win7 Ultimate and I get the same error.

Ichanged the Bios settings to support VT, I uninstalled VMWare, and it still doesn't work.

can you please help?

(attached are my hardware features)

Thanks.

Anlagen: 

AnhangGröße
Herunterladen CPU_0.jpg118.58 KB

Hi,

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/506790

I read this post and I'm having exact same issue running HAXM.

I've attached a screenshot about configuration of my mac.

I would highly appreciate if you could assist me on the issue since I'm not able to use emulator at all.

Thanks,

Aditya

Anlagen: 

When i try to install Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (HAXM) , i get this error : 

This computer does not support Intel virtualization technology (VT-x). HAXM could not be installed. 

I solved this.

I installed the dmg file from sdk manager of android studio which is IntelHAXM_1.1.0_for_10.10.dmg and it was the fault.

Just installing the latest install file from intel site has solved the problem I had.

==========================================================================================

I had a same issue like the original post.

The features not supported inspected by MacCPUID are CNXT-ID, DCA, HLE, PSN, SMX and XSAVEOPT.

I also have parallels but I was not running the parallels, I surely quit the parallels.

My laptop is macbook pro with retina display

Please, save me.. 

Thank you in advance.

Zitat:

Josh Bancroft (Intel) schrieb:

Try downloading and running our MacCPUID tool, which should tell us specifically what hardware features (like VT, XD, etc.) the system is reporting as available. Post the results here (or send them to me in a private message if you prefer), and we'll see where to go from there.

Started having the issue in my mac after upgrading to Yosemite:

Waiting for device.
"/Applications/Android Studio.app/sdk/tools/emulator" -avd AVD_for_Nexus_5_by_Google -netspeed full -netdelay none

emulator: ERROR: x86_64 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX is not installed on this machine (/dev/HAX is missing).

$ sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features

machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 x2APIC POPCNT AES PCID XSAVE OSXSAVE TSCTMR AVX1.0 RDRAND F16C

System Version:    OS X 10.10 (14A389)

Kernel Version:    Darwin 14.0.0

Using IntelHAXM_1.1.0_for_10.10.dmg from the Android SDK  

No other VM software is installed on the system

Anlagen: 

Bild des Benutzers gaston-hillar

The problem is solved with the latest version Intel has released and works OK with Yosemite.

You can download it here - https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-acceler...

The update isn't available through the Android SDK manager. So, you must download it from the link I've provided. Just download it and reinstall HAXM. It works OK with the latest Yosemite update.

Cheers,

Gaston Hillar

Gastón C. Hillar

Hello everyone,

I was getting the same installation error as everyone else, and I followed Gaston-Hilar's comment and installed HAXM 1.1.1 without any issues. However when I fire up an emulator, I just get a black screen and it hangs. Has anyone else encountered that issue?

I have tested this on two core 2 duo macs (a mini and an mbp)

any insight would be appreciated.

z x

Which OS X version do you have on your systems? If you have Yosemite try to use HAXM from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-acceler...

Zitat:

z x. schrieb:

Hello everyone,

I was getting the same installation error as everyone else, and I followed Gaston-Hilar's comment and installed HAXM 1.1.1 without any issues. However when I fire up an emulator, I just get a black screen and it hangs. Has anyone else encountered that issue?

I have tested this on two core 2 duo macs (a mini and an mbp)

any insight would be appreciated.

z x

I've also been having this exact issue. Also running a core 2 duo. Running from the command line shows nothing I can see out of the ordinary. Running from the command line with -accel off allows the android logo to appear and animate, but it gets stuck in an infinite boot sequence. Looking at the android ddms logcat shows the same sequence of boot messages repeating themselves again and again.

Actually I figured out a workaround. What you can do is find an older version of the sdk that includes the "emulator-x86" binary in the "tools" folder. Then cd with the terminal to the tools folder (sdk/tools/make a sym link in the terminal: 'ln -s "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/adt-eclipse/sdk/tools/lib/ /Applications/adt-eclipse /sdk/tools/emulator-x86" emulator64-x86' (rename the emulator64-x86 to _old otherwise it will not work). The reason why I did a exported a library path in the command was because I noticed that it without the path, it will not find some drivers to utilize gpu performance. 

That should cut down your emulator from 20mins to about 3 (at least it did for me)...

z x

Zitat:

Ionel Mitel (Intel) schrieb:

Which OS X version do you have on your systems? If you have Yosemite try to use HAXM from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-acceler...

Running Yosemite. The fix I mentioned above, was tested on the two core 2 duos running yosemite.

Zitat:

z x. schrieb:

Actually I figured out a workaround. What you can do is find an older version of the sdk that includes the "emulator-x86" binary in the "tools" folder. Then cd with the terminal to the tools folder (sdk/tools/make a sym link in the terminal: 'ln -s "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/adt-eclipse/sdk/tools/lib/ /Applications/adt-eclipse /sdk/tools/emulator-x86" emulator64-x86' (rename the emulator64-x86 to _old otherwise it will not work). The reason why I did a exported a library path in the command was because I noticed that it without the path, it will not find some drivers to utilize gpu performance. 

That should cut down your emulator from 20mins to about 3 (at least it did for me)...

z x

Thank you! This allowed me to start the emulator with haxm. I'm running OS X Yosemite. 

Zitat:

James P. schrieb:

Quote:

z x. wrote:

z x

Thank you! This allowed me to start the emulator with haxm. I'm running OS X Yosemite. 

Glad I could be of help!

Alex T. (z x)

Thanks for this info - can you let us know exactly how to obtain an older version of sdk (and which version) of sdk which includes the emulator-x86.

I've been looking for a work around till intel fixes this.

johnh...

Zitat:

z x. schrieb:

z x

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.