Debugger cache in windows

Debugger cache in windows

I'm having trouble debugging my offload executable in windows, and I suspect there may be a cache someplace that needs to be purged. If I create a new solution/project with the same name as my real executable, but instead only do "hello world":

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
#pragma offload target(mic:0) mandatory
	{
		printf("Hello world\n");
	}
}

Setting a breakpoint at the printf works as expected if I name the executable "foo.exe".  But if I set it to the same name as my real executable, I cannot break on that line and I get the following output:

Error: Could not retieve module information for library /var/volatile/tmp/coi_procs/2/4886/load_lib/DriverMIC.out.

I have tried purging %TEMP%, restarting the MIC, rebooting the machine, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

7 Beiträge / 0 neu
Letzter Beitrag
Nähere Informationen zur Compiler-Optimierung finden Sie in unserem Optimierungshinweis.

By using procmon on gdb-mic.exe I was able to track down the old DriverMIC.out that gdb-mic.exe was using. It was using it from an old build that existed elsewhere on my machine. It is really strange to me that it was using this old build, but I removed it and things work as expected now.

I am glad you unraveled that one, John. We will try to re-create this and to see how it can be avoided. Do you recall whether the previous debugging of the old DriverMIC.out ended normally, or did it crash, hang, or suffer any sort of abnormal termination?

It is actually very possible that the last time I debugged out of the old directory I was using the Beta, and there is also a very good chance that it crashed. However, I can't say for sure.  The current executable was compiled and debugged with the released compiler.

It turns out that at some point in the past I had manually set the binary directory in the options for the debugger (I was trying to attach directly to offload_main), and it was using that setting.

Ah, ok. Under Configuration Properties > Debugging > Working Directory  -or-  Tools > Options > Intel Composer XE > Debugging ?

Seems latter perhaps?  And if under that, was it set in Host Binary Directory?

Yes, it was Host Binary Directory in Tools > Options > Intel Composer XE > Debugging.

Melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.