App Designer, part of the Intel® XDK, is a WYSIWYG layout tool for creating user interfaces. Key features include:
- Multiple UI frameworks - The App Designer currently supports App Framework, Bootstrap 3, jQuery Mobile and Topcoat.
- Round-trip editing - Start creating your apps in App Designer, switch to the built-in editor (also in the DEVELOP tab of the Intel XDK) and modify your code directly, then switch back to App Designer.
- Responsive design - Create layouts that automatically adapt to a wide range of devices and form factors.
- Animated containers - Take advantage of animated sidebars and crossbars to add pizzazz to your apps.
- Services integration - Incorporate web service data directly from the Services tab.
See the Intel XDK button on the DEVELOP tab for a list of short (less than five minutes each) tutorial videos. Many of these videos are also described with accompanying step-by-step instructions in this App Designer tutorial.
Access this video playlist of introductory App Designer videos.
New App Designer videos are being added regularly and can be found by searching the Intel Software TV network using this very long search URL: