Features / Description
The Intel® Media Software Development Kit (Intel® Media SDK) Multi-Transcoding Sample demonstrates how to use the Intel® Media SDK API to create a console application that performs the transcoding (decoding and encoding) of a video stream from one compressed video format to another, with optional video processing (resizing) of uncompressed video prior to encoding. The application supports multiple input and output streams meaning it can execute multiple transcoding sessions concurrently.
The main goal of this sample is to demonstrate CPU/GPU balancing in order to get maximum throughput on Intel hardware-accelerated platforms (with encoding support). This is achieved by running several transcoding pipelines in parallel and fully loading both CPU and GPU.
This sample also demonstrates integration of user-defined functions for video processing (picture rotation plug-in) into the Intel Media® SDK transcoding pipeline.
This version of sample also demonstrates surface type neutral transcoding (opaque memory usage).
The Intel® Media SDK Multi-Transcoding Sample supports the following video formats:
|input (compressed)||H.264 (AVC, MVC – Multi-View Coding), MPEG-2 video, VC-1|
|output (uncompressed)||H.264 (AVC, MVC – Multi-View Coding), MPEG-2 video|
- IA-32 or Intel® 64 architecture processors with the Intel® Core™ processor or later is required for this Developer’s release.
- 200 MB free hard disk space for this release.
- The software implementation DLLs, libmfxsw32.dll and libmfxsw64.dll, requires compatible IA-32 or Intel® 64 architecture processor with support for Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 instructions.
- Microsoft* Windows* Vista* with Service Pack 2, or Microsoft* Windows* 7 Operating System
- Microsoft* Visual* C++ 2005 with Service Pack 1 or more recent version of this tool