This document describes how to develop your Gateway using the Wind River toolchain. After using this guide, you will understand how to write a simple driver or application, build it, and include it in your Gateway file system. This guide will also show you different ways to put an application onto your Gateway, using either a USB flash drive or an Ethernet connection.
For an downloadable PDF version of this document, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/DevelopGateway-Software-PDF.
- Modifying and Building the Gateway Operating System
- Set Up the Cross-Compiler
- Creating the Application Code
- Compiling the Application Code on your Development Computer
- Compiling the Application Code on your Gateway
- Developing a Kernel Driver by Building it into the Gateway Operating System
- Developing a Kernel Driver Without Building it into the Gateway Operating System
- Moving Applications to Your Gateway
- Signing Binary Files on the Gateway
- Appendix: Creating a Modbus Makefile
- Appendix: Creating a Hello World Driver
- Revision History
- Legal and Disclaimers