The Annotation Report window lists all the Intel Advisor annotations found in your project and their types. Each annotation appears as a separate row in a table-like grid.
To use the list of annotations in the Annotation Report window to find annotations as you replace annotations with parallel framework code:
- To display the Annotation Report window, click the Annotation Report tab or - if you are using the Advisor Workflow tab - click the (View Annotations) button below 2. Annotate Sources or 5. Add Parallel Framework. The annotations associated with the selected start-up project appear. If you have run the Suitability and Dependencies tools for this start-up project, the most recent relevant data also appears in their respective columns.
- To sort the annotations by type, click the column heading Annotations. The suggested way to replace annotations is to replace lock annotations first, and then site and task annotations (this is because synchronized code without parallelism works correctly, but parallel code without synchronization works incorrectly). To show or hide a code snippet showing an annotation, click the icon next to its name in the Annotations column.
- To open the code editor with the corresponding source file, double-click an annotation type (data row) in the Annotations column or a line in its code snippet (or use the Edit Source context menu item). When using the Intel Advisor GUI, the editor defined by the Options > Editor dialog box appears with the file open at the corresponding location.When using Visual Studio, the Visual Studio code editor appears with the file open at the corresponding location.When using the Intel Advisor GUI, the file type association (or Open With dialog box) determines the editor used.
- Read the documentation associated with the parallel framework as well as the relevant information in Intel Advisor help so you understand what parallel framework code to insert. In many cases, you need to insert parallel framework declarations at the start of the source file, as well as parallel framework code that replaces the annotations.
- Repeat the steps above for each lock annotation.
- Repeat the steps above for each site and task annotation.
You have used the Annotation Report window to help you locate and replace the Intel Advisor annotations with parallel framework code.