This guide tells you how to install Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2015 instead of 2017 with your OpenVINO toolkit for Microsoft Windows*. You do not need to use this document if you chose to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
For the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 installation instructions, see http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/WindowsTestInstall#VisualStudio-Application
These steps are only needed if you decide you want to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 with your OpenVINO Windows installation.
Microsoft Visual Studio with Visual Studio C++ is required for building the Intel® Deep Learning Deployment Toolkit sample and demonstration applications. You can choose to install either the Professional or the free Community version of this software. These instructions help you see if you have this software already installed, and install the free Community version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.
The full installation takes about 45 minutes.
- Go to the download page for Microsoft Studio 2015 Update 3.
- Click Download next to Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3.
- An executable file named
en_visual_studio_community_2015_with_update_3_x86_x64_web_installer_8922963.exe, or similar, is saved in your
- Double-click the file to install Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3.
- On the opening installation screen, select the Custom option. Click Next.
- Expand the Programming Languages. A list of options displays.
- Expand the Visual C++ options.
- Click the Visual C++ box and the sub-component boxes until each Visual C++ displays a checkmark. You might need to click these boxes more than once.
- Make no other changes. Click Next. You see an overview of the features that will be installed.
- Click Next.
- After the installation completes, click the option to restart your computer if you are prompted to do so. Otherwise, close the window and continue to the next section.
Install the Build Tools for Visual Studio 2015
The Build Tools for Visual Studio 2015 is the second part of the Microsoft Visual Studio dependency. You must complete this installation.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48159
- Click the Download button under the heading Microsoft Build Tools 2015:
- An executable file named
BuildTools_Full.exe, or similar, is saved in your
- Double-click the file to install Microsoft Build Tools 2015.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. This installation takes only a few seconds.
- When the installation completes, restart your computer if prompted to do so.
You have completed the Visual Studio 2015 installation.
Install your next dependency:
Or if you are done installing dependencies, you are ready to configure the Model Optimizer:
You may not use or facilitate the use of this document in connection with any infringement or other legal analysis concerning Intel products described herein. You agree to grant Intel a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to any patent claim thereafter drafted which includes subject matter disclosed herein.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
All information provided here is subject to change without notice. Contact your Intel representative to obtain the latest Intel product specifications and roadmaps.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Learn more at http://www.intel.com/ or from the OEM or retailer.
No computer system can be absolutely secure.
Intel, Arria, Core, Movidius, Pentium, Xeon, OpenVINO, and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Copyright © 2018, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.