The following C99 features are supported by Intel® C++ Compiler 12.0 or newer.
The option to turn on C99 support:
- /Qstd=c99 on Windows*
- -std=c99 on Linux* and macOS*
- The default is C89 instead
The following C99 features are supported:
- restricted pointers (restrict keyword)
- variable-length Arrays
- flexible array members
- complex number support (_Complex keyword)
- hexadecimal floating-point constants
- compound literals
- designated initializers
- mixed declarations and code
- macros with a variable number of arguments
- inline functions (inline keyword)
- boolean type (_Bool keyword)
See C11 Features Supported by Intel(R) C++ compiler for supported C11 (C1x) features.
See C++0x Features Supported by Intel® C++ Compiler for supported C++0x features.