Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) Software Development Kit. The Intel® AMT SDK (Software Development Kit) contains the building blocks and documentation material needed to develop software that interacts with Intel® AMT systems.
Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) is a capability embedded in Intel-based platforms that enhances the ability of IT organizations to manage enterprise computing facilities. Intel AMT operates independently of the platform processor and operating system. Remote platform management applications can access Intel AMT securely, even when the platform is turned off, as long as the platform is connected to line power and to a network. Independent software vendors (ISVs) can build applications that take advantage of the features of Intel AMT using the application programming interface (API).
The Intel AMT SDK includes the Intel® AMT High Level API (Intel AMT HLAPI). The Intel AMT HLAPI provides a very simple and consistent API across all Intel AMT versions/SKUs enabling software developers to easily build support for Intel AMT features into their applications. For more information, see the HLAPI documentation.
Download the most recent update to the Intel® AMT SDK and get everything you need to develop manageability applications.
|Download Size:||323 MB|
New Features included with Intel AMT/SDK Release 9.5:
MOFs and XSL Files
The MOFs and XSL files in the \DOCS\WS-Management directory and the class reference in the documentation are updated to version 184.108.40.2069. Release 220.127.116.11 contains a Security Patch involving Openssl.
Wireless Only Platform
The Intel AMT 9.5 release introduces a wireless only platform. Those features which are dependent on a wired LAN connection are not supported on the wireless only platforms.
Updated the PuTTY Terminal Emulator with the Aljex client. Aljex client is a terminal emulator fork of PuTTY with several enhancements for vertical/VAR integration. The execution file for launching the Aljex client retains the PuTTY name: putty.exe. To enable F8 functionality, select UNT-8 for the SOL Terminal Keyboard Function keys and keypad.
Intel vPro Module msi
A silent installation of Intel vPro Module msi is possible by using the /quiet switch and running it with admin privileges. In an admin rights cmd window: c:\IntelvProModule-x64.msi/quiet.
Updated features dependent on a wired LAN connection. For example: Heuristic Policies, Automatic Synchoronzation of IP Addresses, Local Setup Directly to Admin Control Mode and 802.1x Profile Configuration.
- WLAN provisioning with USB Key will not allow TLS enablement on LAN-less platforms in Intel AMT Release 9.5.
- The C++ samples fail to compile on Windows* 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 due to a bug in the Windows SDK function mt.exe. For further information and workaround see the Windows 7 SDK: Beta Release Notes. Note that a file compiled on other Windows operating systems, such as XP or Vista, will also execute on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The "Configure Default KVM Port" script sets the RFB password. This script contains WinRM commands and may change the user's WinRM configuration.
- Microsoft WinRM - Intel AMT interrupt on associations: The WinRM client fails to perform a retrieval or delete of an instance of an association class using an EPR when its selectors are also EPRs. An example where this capability is needed in Intel AMT is the System Defense association AMT_ActiveFilterStatistics.
- Redirection library provides AES 256 cipher suites as an option although only AES 128 ciphers are supported by Intel AMT.
- UCT Tool: Cannot delete or update the application settings file while the application is running.
- Because of limitations within the Tight VNC application (a third-party application for KVM), asterisks will not appear when entering the opt-in code. In addition, while Intel AMT will respond to keyboard and mouse actions, these will not show in the client until the user refreshes the display.
- Samples and other applications which use signed dll are loaded very slowly. This can occur because .NET Framework repeatedly attempts to verify the signed DLL files, even when there is no internet connection.
- Redirection library: The Linux version of the redirection library does not support IDER over DVD.
- Redirection library: Cannot write a to floppy diskette.
- Redirection library: Trying to connect without first configuring the CIRA settings may result in a Timeout error after the CIRA settings are configured.
- Redirection library: The IDER session may close unexpectedly in the following scenario: IDER and SOL sessions are open and sending data from the console to the Intel AMT in S3. The user then wakes up the Intel AMT to S0 and during the wake up, the user enables the IDER registers.
- KVM: The KVM Control application uses the firmware version to determine how many display pipes are supported, rather than how many are actually available.
- KVM: When working with Linux library and using the scancode extension, the caps lock; number lock and Alt+ key events on the console side are not forwarded to the server.
- KVM: When opening the Windows Start menu on a remote console, the menu opens on both the management and remote consoles when KVMControlApplication is implemented over default or redirection ports.
- KVM: Rapid changes in display color levels while a KVM session is running could result in a session disconnection. Restart the KVM session to reconnect.
- KVM: A KVM session may return a 404 error resulting in a session disconnect . This can occur after sending HTTP traffic over CIRA and wireless connection or if the KVM session is left open but inactive. Restart the KVM session to reconnect.
- WS-EVENTING: In AMT 5.2 the HLAPI does not parse the header to 63 characters. As a result, when a long string is entered, the HLAPI will fail to create a subscription.
- AMTRedirection sample: May throw a runtime exception.
Copyright and Trademarks (C) Intel Corporation, 2004 - 2013
Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
- Please see the release notes file for more information about this release.
- Need more help? Refer to the FAQs or get expert advice from the Developer Discussion Forum