Note: We are now developing MeshCommander, a web based software for Intel® AMT with the goal of being able to manage Intel® AMT entirely from within a web browser and run on many operating systems. MeshCommander is on it's way to replacing the MDTK below.
Downloads & Tutorials
Open Manageability Developer Tool Kit is an open source set of tools to help designers, developers and testers understand the benefits of Intel® vPro™ technology. The kit is an excellent complement to the Intel® Active Management Technology Software Development Kit (Intel® AMT SDK). The kit runs on Microsoft* Windows* .NET* 2.0 environment and offers a set of tools to quickly make use of all of the features of Intel AMT through the use of a simple developer and tester oriented user interfaces. Included in the kit is a sample, evaluator/developer/tester oriented console (Manageability Commander Tool) and remote agent (Manageability Outpost Tool) along with a set of tutorial videos to help understand how the kit works and how it can be best used to assist in the development of new applications.
- Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) version 2.0 or later.
- Some provided tools may be run on an Intel AMT 1.0 system but with some limitations.
- Only Intel AMT systems using the Basic provisioning model are supported, with limited support for the Standard and Advanced provisioning models.
- The user must have correctly provisioned the Intel AMT machines before using the Manageability Developer Tool Kit, and all necessary platform drivers must be installed.
- Some features require Intel® Management Engine Interface driver installed (Manageability Outpost Tool remote agent service for example)
- Windows* XP* Service Pack 2 (or later) with Microsoft .NET* Framework 2.0
To help, we have a YouTube playlist with a set of tutorial videos covering many aspects of using Intel® AMT with the DTK. The first two videos provide an overview of how to use Commander and a good way to get started.
The most important tool in the DTK is Manageability Commander. It's a console tool that supports management of Intel AMT computers on the local network and over the Internet using Meshcentral.com. Both the DTK and Meshcentral are open source and both projects share lots of code. The original idea behind Meshcentral was to make a web based version of Commander, but the project as since grown way beyond this initial goal. Meshcentral.com is free to use and allows management of a wide range of devices and operating systems (Windows / OSX / Android / Raspberry Pi...) . Intel AMT is not required, but can make use of it if available. Since it's open source, you can launch your own instance of the web site on your own server, for information info.meshcentral.com.
These tools are community supported. Your help and feedback are very much appreciated. The first source of support should be the Intel® Business Client Software Development Forums. The Intel® vPro Expert Center is also an outstanding source of support for all technologies related with Intel® vPro.