FlexRAN provides optimized libraries for LTE and for 5G NR Layer 1 workload acceleration. FlexRAN is intended for use with machines that support Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2) and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instruction sets.
This set of libraries supports Forward Error Correction (FEC), rate matching, and cyclic redundancy check (CRC) functions as specified in the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards.
The kit includes the following resources:
- Source code
- Build and test environment parameters
The driver and build instructions for the Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) Wireless Baseband device library (BBDEV) virtual Poll Mode Driver (PMD) that support these libraries is available at dpdk.org.
The API and implementation are subject to change without notice.
The software dependencies include:
- Intel® C compiler (ICC)
- CMake minimum version 2.8.12
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP) 18.0
- Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) 18.0
- gtest Google Test 1.7.0 (required to run the verification and compute performance tests
If you need the Intel® software listed above, download Intel® System Studio. It is available with a free community license.