This download is available under the What If Pre-Release License Agreement
September 23, 2015: Flow Graph Designer Alpha 4.414483 Released
- Improved graphical interface, including new tree-map view
- Ability to launch trace collection from within the GUI
Flow Graph Designer is a visualization tool that supports the analysis and design of parallel applications that use the Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) flow graph interface. The flow graph interface allows developers to express the dependency, streaming and data flow graphs present in many domains such as media, gaming, finance, high performance computing and healthcare. The flow graph has been supported as a part of the Intel TBB library since 2011. We are currently providing the tool as What If Experimental Software so that we can receive feedback from users as we continue to develop this tool to make the flow graph interface easier to adopt, use, debug and tune.
Flow Graph Designer assists developers in creating and tuning flow graph applications. It does this in two ways:
- As an analyzer, it provides capabilities to collect and visualize execution traces from Intel TBB flow graph applications. From Flow Graph Designer, users can explore the topology of their graphs, interact with a timeline of node executions, and project important statistics on to the nodes of their graphs.
- As a designer, it provides the ability to visually create Intel TBB flow graph diagrams and then generate C++ stubs as a starting point for further development.
We welcome feedback from users as we continue to develop and refine this experimental visualization tool.
- A PC based on IA-32 or Intel® 64 architecture supporting Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 ( Intel® SSE 2 ) and Intel® HD Graphics 4000 or higher.
- At least 4GB of RAM with 8GB recommended
- Microsoft* Windows 7* or Microsoft* Windows 8*
- The tool requires the Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2012 runtime components to operate correctly. You may need to install these components on Microsoft* Windows 7* and you may download them from http:://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679.
- 200MB of free disk space to support data collection from flow graph applications
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) 4.2 update 3 or later is required for data collection
- Flow Graph Designer User Guide
- The Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) product page
- The Intel® TBB open source community page
- The Flow Graph Designer forum (for questions and discussion about the Flow Graph Designer tool)
- The Intel® TBB forum (for questions and discussion about the Intel® TBB flow graph interface)
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others