Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 18.0 Update 4 (part of Parallel Studio XE 2018)
Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 19.0 Initial Release (part of Parallel Studio XE 2019)
Microsoft Windows 7* Pro (SP1), Microsoft Windows 10*, or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (R2)*, Windows Server 2016
When debugging a Fortran program Microsoft* Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7.x or version 15.8.x crashes with the following error message:
"A previous session terminated unexpectedly. Disabling extension Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator might help prevent similar issues."
In addition there is another issue that Fortran array values are not visible at a breakpoint:
The fixes will be available in Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 19.0 Update 1 (part of Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 1).
Follow these steps to install 'Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator patch':
1. Uninstall the current version of Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator :
- From the main Microsoft* Visual Studio menu bar, click Tools → Extensions and Updates.
- In the “Extensions and Updates” dialog, select Installed → Tools.
- Select Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator from the list and click “Uninstall”.
- Restart Visual Studio.
2. Install the new version of Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator :
- Download and unzip attached FEEpatch.zip file
- Double click on the FEE_VSIX_v15.vsix installer.
- Select Microsoft Visual Studio product installed on your system where you would like to install Intel Fortran Expression Evaluator extension for Visual Studio and click “Install”.