Intel® GDC 2013 Ultrabook™ Skills Contest Description
1. How to Enter
To enter, participants must go to http://gamedev.wufoo.com/forms/ultrabook-application and fill out an application form in which they will be required to:
- Provide contact details,
- Describe game projects they are currently working on, using public information only,
- Describe, in a creative way, the impact to the development or testing that will result from getting an Ultrabook from Intel (using public information only).
Phase 1: will be open for submissions from 7 am to 4 pm PDT on Tuesday, March 26.
Phase 2: will be open for submissions from 7 am to 4 pm PDT on Thursday, March 28.
For each of the two phases, a minimum of 5 (five) Dell* XPS 12 Ultrabooks will be awarded. Each Ultrabook has an approximate retail value of $1199.
Intel reserves the right to award more than 5 Ultrabooks in each Phase if additional applications are deemed praiseworthy.
3. Criteria of Winning Submission
Eligible applications will be judged by a panel of at least three Intel employees using the following criteria:
- Impact of having an Ultrabook to do development or testing
- User feedback for current/previous games (obtained from for e.g., Metacritic.com, Amazon.com)
- Projected PC sales forecast
- Marketing budget/industry hype for your game project
- Influence you have in the game industry
- Technological innovation
- Use of Intel-specific technology
4. Selection of the Winner(s)
The contest judges will apply the criteria above to all valid entries. For each of the two phases, the five applications deemed most worthy according to the selection criteria will be awarded Ultrabooks.
5. List of Winner(s)
A list of winners can be obtained by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Delivery of the Prizes to the Prize Winner(s)
Winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of the close of each phase of the contest. We will make good faith attempts to provide the winners with their prizes during the Game Developer Conference. If we fail to connect with the winners during the conference, the Ultrabooks will be shipped to the winners at the address they specify.
Intel® GDC 2013 Ultrabook Seeding Contest Rules
- You are eligible to participate in the contest if you have completed a valid application at http://gamedev.wufoo.com/forms/ultrabook-application during the specified time period of the contest.
- No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase your chance of winning. Void wherever prohibited.
- You must speak, read and understand English and you must be aged 18 years or over or you must obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before you participate in the contest. If you apply to register for the contest, or if you accept any contest prizes, you accept these rules.
- Employees of Intel Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families of each may not enter. This limitation is void where prohibited.
- The contest is open to the Game Developers Conference 2013 participants. All national and local laws and regulations of the resident’s country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. The contest is void wherever else it is restricted or prohibited by law.
- We may refuse your contribution for any good reason.
- Intel provides you with access to a variety of resources on the Intel® Developer Zone including communication forums, documentation, download areas, code samples, videos, blogs, articles and contests (the “resources”).
- You agree to submit contributions to the contest (“contributions”) under the following conditions:
- Intel does not claim ownership of your contributions to the contest in form of sample code, content, videos, articles or any other contributions you submit.
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any contribution:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that shows another person but yourself or an image created by another person if you submit any photos;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- Apart from prizes offered as part of the contest, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your contest contributions.
- Intel is not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Intel is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
- You may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification. If minors are allowed to enter and a prize is won by a minor, all required documentation must be signed by the parent/legal guardian. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required), prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may, at Intel’s discretion, be selected. Physical prizes awarded for the winning contributions will be sent to participants within six (6) weeks from the date of the notification email or confirmation of the winning participant’s physical address, whichever is later.
- Prizes are personal to the participant submitting the winning contribution and cannot normally be transferred. All prizes are subject to availability and they may change at any time and Intel may award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes. The winner shall be solely responsible to obtain all permissions and authorizations to collect and receive the prize in accordance with the laws of the participant’s country of residence. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. If the winner is a resident of a country in Latin America, cash prizes will be replaced by goods and/or services of equal value in Intel’s sole discretion.
- Acceptance of the prize will constitute permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- Intel does not provide any warranty on the prizes. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Intel specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
- We may, on notifying you, immediately suspend or terminate your rights, if you breach these rules or if we reasonably believe that you have submitted a contribution in violation of these rules.
- Intel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the contest at any time for any reason.
- You can withdraw your contribution at any time by notifying us. If a contribution is withdrawn your rights to win a prize in this contest are lost.
- These rules apply to your contribution and the resources, unless we provide any items to you under more specific terms, in which case those more specific terms will apply to the relevant items. We may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules can be reviewed at www.intel.com/software/GDC-2013-ultrabook-seeding-contest. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules.
- Our only responsibilities with respect to the contest are set out in these rules. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Intel by sending an email to email@example.com .
- If Intel improperly denies you any prizes, Intel's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
- If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Intel which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Intel reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry or voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
- Intel assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Intel is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Intel on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest.
- The promoter of this contest is Intel. The contest is administered by:--
4701 Technology Pkwy
Fort Collins, CO 80528
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.