Video Codec Developers: This could be your magic encoder/decoder ring. We're excited to announce new Intel® Video Pro Analyzer 2017 (Intel® VPA), and also Intel® Stress Bitstreams and Encoder 2017, which you can use to enhance the brilliance of your video quality, and build extremely efficient, robust encoders and decoders. Get the scoop and more technical details on these advanced Intel video analysis tools below.
Improving your encoder's video quality and compliance becomes faster and easier. Intel® VPA, a comprehensive video analysis toolset to inspect, debug and optimize the encode/decode process for AVC, HEVC, VP9 and MPEG-2, brings efficiency and multiple UI enhancements in its 2017 edition. A few of the top new features include:
Optimized Performance & Efficiency
- HEVC file indexingmakes Intel VPA faster and easier to use with better performance and responsiveness when loading and executing debug optimizations and quicker switching capabilities between frames.
- MPEG-2 error resilience improvements (previously delivered for HEVC and VP9 analysis)
- Significant improvements in decode processing time by 30% for HEVC and by 60% for AVC, along with AVC playback optimization. This includes optimizations for skipping some intermediate processing when the user clicks on frames to decode in the GUI.
- Video Quality Caliper provides more stream information, and has faster playback speed.
Enhanced Playback & Navigation
- Filtering of error messages and new settings to save fixes
- Additional options for save/load, including display/decode order, fields/frame, yuv mode, and more.
- Improved GUI picture cashing.
And don't forget. With this advance video analysis tool, you can innovate for UHD with BT 2020 support. See the full list of Intel VPA features, visit the product site for more details. Versions for Linux*, Windows* and macOS* are available.
If you are not already using Intel VPA - Get a Free Trial2
More Resources - Get Started Optimizing Faster
- Video: Take a Quick Tour of Intel VPA
- Find and Fix Video Quality Issues with Intel VPA
- Video: Optimize HEVC: Error Resilience, SSC and More with Intel VPA
- Improved HEVC coverage including syntax ensuring that decoders are in full conformance with the standard. Longterm reference generation support for video conferencing.
- Random Encoder for AVS2 Main and Main 10 (this can be shipped only to those who are members of the AVS2 committee. (AVS2 format is broadly used in People's Republic of China.)
- Compliance with the recently finalized AVS2 standard.
Learn more by visiting the Intel SBE site.
Take a test drive of Intel SBE - Download a Free Evaluation2
1Baseline configuration: Intel® VPA 2017 vs. 2016 running on Microsoft Windows* 8.1. Intel Customer Reference Platform with Intel® Core™ i7-5775C (3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR3 DRAM). Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Desktop board, 32GB (4x8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800MHz) DIMM), 500GB Intel SSD, Turbo Boost Enabled, and HT Enabled. Source: Intel internal measurements as of August 2016.
Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information go to www.intel.com/performance. Features and benefits may require an enabled system and third party hardware, software or services. Consult your system provider.
Optimization Notice: Intel’s compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice. Notice revision #20110804.
2Note that in evaluation package, the number of streams and/or other capabilities may be limited. Contact Intel Sales if you need a review without these limitations.