Intel® worked with Cloudera* to make it easy to use the Community forum supported Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) with Cloudera* CDH. This page provides general installation and support notes about Intel® MKL as it has been distributed via Cloudera* CDH described below.
These software development tools are also available as part of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio products. These products include enterprise-level Intel® Online Service Center support.
Using Intel® MKL Parcel
Here is how to install the Intel® MKL Parcel
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin Console access the Parcels page by doing one of the following:
Click the Parcels indicator in the top navigation bar.
Click the Hosts in the top navigation bar, then the Parcels tab.
- Click the Configuration button on the Parcels page.
- In the Remote Parcel Repository URLs list, click plus symbol to open an additional row. Enter the path to Intel® MKL Parcel repository:
- Click the Save Changes button
- Click the Check for New Parcels button
- In the Location selector, click Available Remotely. The latest Intel MKL parcel should be available for download.
- Click the Download button for Intel® MKL Parcel. By downloading Intel® MKL you agree to the terms and conditions stated in the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
- Click the Distribute button in order to distribute the parcel on all cluster nodes, when download is completed
- Click the Activate button to activate Intel MKL parcel on all cluster nodes, when distribution is completed. A pop-up indicates which services must be restarted to use the new parcel.
- Choose one of the following:
Restart - Activate the parcel and restart services affected by the parcel.
Activate Only - Active the parcel. You can restart services at a time that is convenient.
- Click OK.
Note: The repository URL shown above installs the latest version of Intel MKL parcel. To install an older version of the Intel MKL use the URL based on the following model:
The following variables are used in the repository URL: <VERSION>, <UPDATE>, <BUILD>. The available values for these variables are available in the table below:
You can find more information about Parcels installation at Managing Software Installation Using Cloudera Manager.