This document explains how to configure and build ACE+TAO. From the ACE+TAO web site:
- ACE† is an open-source framework that provides many components and patterns† for developing high-performance, distributed real-time and embedded systems. ACE provides powerful, yet efficient abstractions for sockets, demultiplexing loops, threads, synchronization primitives.
- TAO† (The ACE ORB) is an open-source implementation of a CORBA† Object Request Broker (ORB) built using components and patterns in the ACE framework.
Several companies provide commercial support for ACE+TAO, see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html† for information. Remedy IT, http://www.theaceorb.nl† , provides support for building ACE+TAO with the Intel® C++ Compiler.
- Version Information
The version of ACE+TAO used in this document is ACE version 5.5.8.
- Obtaining the Source Code
The ACE+TAO source code was downloaded from /sites/default/files/m/d/4/1/d/8/ACE_TAO.tar.gz† .
- Obtaining the latest version of Intel® C++ Compiler
See /en-us/articles/intel-compilers/ for details.
- Configuration and Set-up Information
$ tar zxvf ACE+TAO-src.tar.gz $ cd ACE_wrappers/ $ export ACE_ROOT=`pwd` # create configuration file $ echo 'zlib=1 inline=0 boost=0 CFLAGS+=-Wp64 include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux_icc.GNU' > $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU # create configuration file $ echo '#include "ace/config-linux.h"' > $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h $ cd $ACE_ROOT $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ACE_ROOT/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH $ gmake >& gmake.log
- TAO Configuration and Set-up Information
$ export TAO_ROOT=$ACE_ROOT/TAO $ cd $TAO_ROOT $ gmake >& gmake.log $
- Source Code Changes
- Building and Running Applications
One can test the TAO build is correctly configured by following the instructions on how to run the various examples in $TAO_ROOT/tests.
- Verifying Correctness
Run the various examples in $TAO_ROOT/tests and compare with the ACE+TAO scorecard, which lists the status of the ACE+TAO build. The ACE+TAO scorecard for the Intel ® C++ Compiler builds are performed by Remedy IT† can be found at http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~remedynl/† .
- Related topics
- Known Issues and Limitations
None. Contact Intel® Premier Support website if you encounter problems or want to provide feedback.
† This link will take you off of the Intel Web site. Intel does not control the content of the destination Web Site.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.