Intel® Cluster Checker version 1.7 provides many new and improved features (see the product documentation for more details).
Intel® Cluster Ready Specification Version 1.2
Optimized execution time
- A new core for test module <file_tree> now allows ensuring file uniformity in a reduced time frame.
- Compliance test modules now detect shared file systems on the tools installation path, significantly improving the time to verify the cluster compliance of the Intel® Cluster Ready Specification.
- <hpcc> and <imkl_hpl> test modules have improved scalability behavior by calculating a smaller problem size, by default.
- Test module <ssh_alltoall> functionality was merged into <single_authentication>, reducing execution time needed to verify the SSH* installation and configuration in the cluster.
- All additional utilities provided with Intel® Cluster Checker used to verify the health of the cluster (benchmarks and commands) are executed from a binary by default. Therefore, the <gcc> and <intel_mpi> test modules are only added as dependencies when the <build> configuration option is requested.
- The built-in optimized XML parser/transformer was updated to work on an extended list of Linux distributions.
New test modules and options
- New --nodeps troubleshooting option to individually execute test modules without adding prerequisite test modules.
Test module enhancements
- A new syntax for the <exclude> configuration option based on modified shell filename globbing is uniformly used across all modules.
- Test modules <ip_consistency> and <single_authentication> can test different network fabrics in a single execution.
- The updated User's Guide now includes a new "Getting Started" section with an introductory step-by-step explanation on how to start using Intel® Cluster Checker. Additionally, explanations on how to properly set the environment and configure the license are included.
- Cluster node automatic discovery now has built-in support for Clustercorp* ROCKS+* up to version 5.3, Platform* Cluster Manager* up to version 2.1 and Infiscale* Perceus* 1.5.3.
To download this version, log into the Intel® Registration Center and click on the Intel® Cluster Checker product.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.