December 21, 2016
Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) are powerful, agile developer tools for analyzing and optimizing games, media, and other graphics-intensive applications. The tools support applications intended for the Windows* OS and Ubuntu* platforms or Intel® Atom™ processor based devices and a very limited set of ARM* based devices running the Android*.
Available now, Intel® GPA 2017 R1 offers these new key features:
Intel® GPA 2017 R1 offers the following new features:
New Features for Analyzing All Graphics APIs
Trace Analyzer [Beta]:
- Improved workflow for opening trace files. Added a new trace file open dialog which includes trace file previews and system information.
New Features for Analyzing Microsoft DirectX* 12 Applications
- Significant stability improvements for Graphics Frame Analyzer.
Graphics Frame Analyzer:
- Implemented indirect drawing support. Metric values are shown for the entire
Note: Viewing metrics for the draw/dispatch calls inside the command signature has not yet been implemented.
- The Metrics Viewer now shows primary or potential bottlenecks with detailed descriptions for a current selection. A more detailed description for each bottleneck can be found in our optimization guide. https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/6th-gen-graphics-api-dev-guide.
- The GPGPU pipeline was added into the Metrics Viewer to support bottleneck analysis for Dispatch calls.
- Resource Viewer improved with visualization for Copy calls added.
- Resource Viewer shader tab now shows Intel graphics Instructions Set Architecture (ISA) per selected shader.
New Features for Analyzing DirectX* 9/10/11 Applications
System Analyzer HUD:
- Added the ability to change the location of the HUD in DirectX* 11 applications to improve usability for VR applications.
Graphics Frame Analyzer:
- Added initial support for DirectX* 11.3.
- Documented all newly added product features.
The product also adds other minor enhancements and stability improvements. You can download and install this latest version of the product from the Intel® GPA Web Site.
For detailed information and assistance in using the product, refer to the following online resources:
- Release Notes - explore recent updates, detailed product requirements, installation information, legal information, and version-specific technical issues and workarounds for the tools.
- Home Page - view detailed information about the tool, including links to training and support resources, as well as videos on the product to help you get started quickly.
- Getting Started - get the main features overview and learn how to start using the tools on different host systems.
- Training and Documentation - learn at your level with Getting Started guides, videos and tutorials.
- Online Help for Windows* OS Host - get details on how to analyze Windows* OS and Android* applications from a Windows* OS system.
- Online Help for macOS* Host - get details on how to analyze Android* applications from an OS* X system.
- Online Help for Ubuntu* OS Host - get details on how to analyze Android* or Ubuntu* applications from an Ubuntu* OS system.
- Support Forum - report issues and get help with using Intel® GPA.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
** Disclaimer: Intel disclaims all liability regarding rooting of devices. Users should consult the applicable laws and regulations and proceed with caution. Rooting may or may not void any warranty applicable to your devices.