Which Intel® IPP package should I download?
For example, for Intel® Pentium® 4 processor systems running Linux*, the install executable file is named l_ipp_ia32_p_x.x.xxx.tgz:
|Intel® Processor||Intel IPP Package|
|32-bit IA-32 and compatible processors (Intel® Core® 2 processors, Intel® Pentium processors, Intel® Xeon® processors, and compatible AMD* processors)||l_ipp_ia32_p_5.2.059.tgz|
|64-bit Intel® 64 and compatible processors (Intel® Xeon® and Pentium® processors, and compatible AMD* processors)||l_ipp_em64t_p_5.2.059.tgz|
|64-bit Intel® Itanium® processors (Intel® Itanium® 2 processors)||l_ipp_itanium_p_5.2.052.tgz|
|Intel® IXP4XX Network Processor family||l_ipp_ixp_p_5.2.052.tgz|
How do I install Intel® IPP for Linux*?
- Download the appropriate Intel IPP package from the Intel® Registration Center (refer to above table).
- Run the shell script to install the Intel IPP. You will see the following:
- Type 1 and press the Enterkey to begin the installation. The menu below is displayed.
- Choose one of the options listed below:
- If the existing license file on your system is valid, type 1 and press the Enter key.
- If you registered for a new license and copied the license file (*.lic) to your system, type 2 and the full path to the its location on the system. Then press the Enter key.
- If your system is connected to the internet, type in your valid serial number (format XXXX-XXXXXXXX) and press the Enter key.
When a valid license file or serial number is entered, you will be prompted to continue with installation. Press the Enter key and the Intel IPP package will decompress the installation files as shown below.
- After the files are extracted, you will be prompted to read the End User License Agreement. Press the Enter key to view the first section of the agreement. Then press the space barand carefully read and scroll through the entire agreement.
- At the end of the agreement, you will be prompted to either accept or reject the agreement terms. Type accept and press the Enterkey to continue installing Intel IPP.
- Next you will be prompted to specify the installation directory. Choose one of the options below:
- Press the Enter key to install the Intel IPP to the default location /opt/intel/ipp/5.2/.
- Type in the full path to your custom installation location and press the Enter key.
If the installation is successful, the message "Installation is complete" will be displayed. Press the Enter key to exit the installation script.