The Intel® MPI Library is a high-performance interconnect-independent multi-fabric library implementation of the industry-standard Message Passing Interface, v3.0 (MPI-3.0) specification. This Beta package is for MPI users who develop on and build for Intel® 64 architectures on Linux* and Windows*, as well as customers running on the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor on Linux*. You must have a valid license to download, install and use this product.
The Intel® MPI Library 5.0 Beta for Linux* and Windows* packages are now ready for download. To obtain a license for this Beta version of the software, please register for the Intel® Cluster Studio XE Beta for Linux* and Windows*.
New in this release:
- Support for the majority of MPI-3 features, including but not limited to:
- Non-blocking collective operations
- Fast one-sided operations
- Large counts for messages greater than 2GB
- Allowance of permuted entries in machine file when running a single instance of pmi-proxy
- Support for mixed operating systems in the Hydra process manager (Linux* and Windows*)
- Exclusion of the IA-32 architecture binaries
- Deprecation of the MPD and SMPD process managers
- Various bug fixes for general stability and performance
- Linux* only features:
- Support for the Parallel Distributed Shell*
- Windows* only features:
- Full support for the Hydra process manager
Refer to the Intel® Cluster Studio XE 2015 Beta Release Notes for more details.
- Intel® MPI Library 5.0 Beta for Linux*
- File: l_mpi_b_5.0.0.007.tgz
A file containing the complete product installation for Linux (x86-64bit/Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor development)
- Intel® MPI Library 5.0 Beta for Windows*
- File: w_mpi_b_5.0.0.006.exe
A file containing the complete product installation for Windows (x86-64bit development)