Dr. Hoon Ryu is Senior Researcher, National Institute of Supercomputing and Networking.
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) is a national research institute founded to maximize the efficiency of science technology R/D in the Republic of Korea. National Institute of Supercomputing and Networking (NISN), which was originally the Supercomputing Center of KISTI, is a headquarters for High Performance Computing (HPC) R/D and personnel training in the Republic of Korea; it was designated by the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea, who recognized the strong need for HPCs as national infrastructure. As the Intel® Parallel Computing Center(s) (Intel® PCC) in the Republic of Korea, NISN aims to work on a research project with the main purpose of developing parallel iterative normal eigenvalue solvers and poisson PDE solvers that are both highly scalable and optimized in the Intel® Xeon Phi™ architecture. These two solvers are the core modules required to solve Schrödinger and Poisson equations. We therefore eventually plan to build a highly scalable TCAD package that is particularly useful for advanced materials research, which not only makes it possible to keep up with the size-downscaling of logic transistors and optoelectronics, but also initiates novel device designs that were previously unimaginable. Knowledge outcomes obtained from the development process will be summarized as a set of documents and will serve to train in MIC programming via the biannual HPC educational program operated by NISN.
- February 20, 2018, KNL Tutorial, Japan-Korea HPC Winter School
- March 9, 2018, On the achievement of high fidelity and scalability for large-scale diagonalizations in grid-based DFT simulations, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry
- June 26, 2018, Manycore Programming using KNL, User workshop for KISTI 5 High Performance Computers
- Hoon Ryu, Oh-Kyoung Kwon, February 26, 2018, Fast, energy-efficient electronic structure simulations for multi-million atomic systems with GPU devices, Springer, White Paper
- Heike Jagode, Asim Yarkhan, Jack Dongarra, August 1, 2016, Recent Advantages in the Performance API (PAPI), 10th Scalable Tools Workshop
- Hoon Ryu, September 1, 2014, Channel-size dependent dopant placement in silicon nanowires, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI)
- Hoon Ryu, Jongseob Kim, and Ki-Ha Hong, January 2, 2015, Communication Reducing Algorithms for Distributed Hierarchical N-Body Problems with Boundary Distributions, KISTI
- Hoon Ryu, September 9, 2016, Channel-size dependent dopant placement in silicon nanowires, IEEE Xplore
- Azzam Haidar, Heike Jagode, Asim Yarkhan, Phi Vaccaro, Stan Tomov, and Jack Dongarra, June 18, 2017, Power-aware HPC on Intel Xeon Phi KNL Processors, ISC 17
- Hoon Ryu, Jongseob Kim, and Ki-Ha Hong, January 2, 2015, Communication Reducing Algorithms for Distributed Hierarchical N-Body Problems with Boundary Distributions,NANO Letters
- Hoon Ryu, June 5, 2015, A multi-subband Monte Carlo study on dominance of scattering mechanisms over carrier transport in sub-10-nm Si nanowire FETs, Nanoscale Research Letters
- Hoon Ryu, Yosang Jeong, Ji-Hoon Kang, Kyu Nam Cho, August 16, 2016, Time-efficient simulations of tight-binding electronic structures with Intel Xeon Phi many-core processors, Science Direct
- Hoon Ryu, November 18, 2015, Performance Improvement of Electronic Structure Calculations using MIC programming, IXPUG