Prabhat leads the Data and Analytics Services Group at NERSC. He is responsible for the big data software stack at NERSC, in this role, he tracks technologies spanning data analytics, management, workflows, transfer, portals/gateways and visualization. His personal research interests are in statistics, machine learning and computer vision. Prabhat has a B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Delhi, and received an Sc.M in Computer Science from Brown University. He is currently pursuing a PhD in Earth and Planetary Sciences from UC Berkeley.
The goal of the NERSC Big Data Center is to solve DOE’s leading data-intensive science problems at scale on Cori. We are interested in problems that involve management of O(100+) TB datasets, and analysis on O(100K+) cores. We will work with Intel staff to improve performance and scaling of the production data stack on Cori. We will enable peer IPCC researchers to utilize (and extend) the production stack for their individual research, and team up with scientists to enable breakthrough science.
- Linda Barney, 10/2/2017, Galactos Project Solves One of Cosmology's Hardest Challenges, HPCWire
- Prabhat, 9/26/2017, Deep Learning for Science, ASCAC meeting
- Brian Friesen, Md. Mostofa Ali Patwary,Brian Austin, Nadathur Satish, Zachary Slepian, Narayanan Sundaram, Deborah Bard, Daniel J Eisenstein, Jack Deslippe, Pradeep Dubey, Prabhat, 11/1/2017, Galactos: Computing the Anisotropic 3-Point Correlation Function for 2 Billion Galaxies, Gordon Bell
- Linda Barney, 8/17/2017, Intel, NERSC and University Partners Launch New Big Data Center, HPCWire
- T. Kurth, W. Arndt, T.Barnes, B.Cook, J.Deslippe, D. Doerfler, B. Friesen, Y. He, T. Koskela, M. Lobet, T. Malas, L.Oliker, A. Ovsyannikov, S.Williams, W-S. Yang, Z.Zhano, 6/22/2017, Analyzing Performance of Selected NESAP Applications on the Cori HPC System, IXPUG
- Richard Gerber, 6/19/2017 National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC): Richard Gerber, Senior Science Advisor and HPC Department Head, IXPUG
- Richard Gerber, 6/22/2017, High-Impact Science on Cori: A KNL Success Story, IXPUG
- Brandon Cook,Thorsten Kurth, Brian Austin, Samuel Williams, Jack Deslippe, 6/22/2017, Performance variability on the Intel Xeon Phi™, IXPUG
- T.Koskela, J.Deslippe, 6/22/2017, Optimizing fusion PIC code performance at scale on Cori Phase 2, IXPUG
- Pradeep Dubey, 9/23/2017, SC17 Session Preview: Dr. Pradeep Dubey on AI & The Virtuous Cycle of Compute, Inside HPC
- Michael Feldman, 8/30/2017, Deep Learning Hits 15 Petaflops on Cori Supercomputer, Top500
- Rob Farber, 8/28/2017, NERSC Scales Scientific Deep Learning to 15 Petaflops, HPCWire
- Rob Farber, 5/25/2017, HPC Center NERSC Eases Path to Optimization at Scale, The Next Platform