Intel® System Debugger 2016 is the complete system debug solution provides deep insight into memory and system configuration.
Key features of Intel® System Debugger 2016:
- JTAG debug for Intel® Atom™, Core™, Xeon® & Quark™ SoC-based platforms
- EFI/UEFI Firmware, bootloader debug, Linux* OS awareness
- Dynamically loaded Linux kernel module debug
- In depth visualization of memory configuration, system state and register sets
- LBR & Intel® Processor Trace On-Chip instruction trace support
- JTAG debug & instruction trace to Microsoft* WinDbg* kernel debugger
- System Trace: System-wide hardware and software event trace
Intel® Processor Trace is the hardware based low overhead code execution logging on instruction level and provides a powerful and deep insight into past instruction flow combined with interactive debug.
Key features of Intel® Processor Trace:
- Low-overhead execution tracing feature
- Capturing information about software execution
- Reconstruct the exact program flow
More Details are in the PDF file attached. (Please click link below.)
It consists of:
Overview of Intel® System Debugger and Processor Trace
Details on Intel® System Debugger and Processor Trace
Intel® Processor Trace Decoder Flow
Intel® System Debugger and Processor Trace Sample
Intel® Processor Trace Sample
Example: Intel® Processor Trace and Call Stack Saved in XDB via command console.