Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB)
Intel® TBB is a widely used, award-winning C++ library for creating high performance, scalable parallel applications. Intel TBB is available as a stand-alone commercial product and as a part of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE, Intel® C++ Studio XE, Intel® Composer XE and Intel® C++ Composer.
New in 4.1 Update 4
- Use /volatile:iso option with VS 2012 to disable extended semantics for volatile variables.
- Various improvements in affinity_partitioner, scheduler, tests, examples, makefiles.
- Concurrent_priority_queue class now supports initialization/assignmen via C++11 initializer list feature (std::initializer_list<T>).
- Fixed more possible stalls in concurrent invocations of
task_arena::execute(), especially waiting for enqueued tasks.
- Fixed requested number of workers for task_arena(P,0).
- Fixed interoperability with Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE in
case of using task_arena::enqueue() from a terminating thread.
Open-source contributions integrated:
- Type fixes, cleanups, and code beautification by Raf Schietekat.
- Improvements in atomic operations for big endian platforms
by Raf Schietekat.
Release Notes - View Release Notes online!
Product Documentation - View documentation online!
Intel TBB Resources - Additional information including community contributions, videos, documentation, and more!