Beginning with Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) release 3.0, Intel introduced support for the industry standard WS-Management protocol. This allows management software to use a combination of standard CIM classes, as well as Intel specific classes, to perform Intel® AMT operations. Support for the WS-Management specification enables software developers and IT professionals to leverage off-the-shelf infrastructure and tools to interact with Intel® AMT platforms. But what about using WS-Management based software in conjunction with Intel® AMT platforms older than release 3.0? Intel has shipped many platforms that can only support a firmware version of 2.6 or below. Can WS-Management based software be used with these older Intel platforms?
Enter the Translator
The Intel® WS-Management Translator makes it possible for WS-Management based software to be used in conjunction with Intel® AMT platforms older than version 3.0. Using the translator, management software can send WS-Management commands to the translator, the translator will in turn perform the equivalent operation on an Intel® AMT device using a proprietary SOAP based protocol understood by all Intel® AMT platforms.
|File Name:||WSTrans.msi *build 582|
|Download Size:||1.94 MB|
Key features in the Translator 1.1 (build 582)
- Includes the ability to import host-based provisioned machines into SCCM/SP2 environments using WsMan
- You can upgrade from existing builds by using this VB Script or it can be installed on its own.
Download Source Codefor The Intel® WS-Management Translator for vPro™ Processor Technology
|File Name:||Source Code (wstrans_src_build_568.zip)|
|Download Size:||2.43 mb|
- Ajith Illendula's Blog post - WS-Management Translator for Intel AMT
- Frequently Asked Questions
- WS-Management and Intel® Active Management Technology
- Issuing a Web Server Certificate with IIS
- Configuring the Translator for use with SCCM/SP1