- Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compilers for Windows* 11.1 initial release and update 1 release:
- Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows* 11.1.046
- Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows* 11.1.038
- Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows* 11.1.035
- Intel® Parallel Studio
- Intel® Parallel Composer initial release, and update 1 release
Operating System :
Windows 7* or Windows Server 2008* R2
Problem Description :
An issue with the Intel® Compiler's libirc*.* library may cause applications built against this library hang or a segmentation fault on the above operating systems.
You can determine the version number for your installation as follows.
- Open the build environment from [start->All Programs->Intel Software Development Tools->Intel C++ Compiler Professional 11.1.038->C++ Build Environment for Application running on IA32]
- run following command and the version number will be displayed:
Intel® C++ Compiler Professional for applications running on IA-32, Version 11.1 Build 20090624 Package ID: w_cproc_p_11.1.038
Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
icl: command line error: no files specified; for help type "icl /help"
Resolution Status :
We are still running validation cycles on these configurations. We will update the Systems Requirements when we complete the validation cycle. We are proactively providing a solution to support our users who may encounter this issue.
- For Intel® Compiler Professional Editions 11.1, this issue is resolved in update 11.1.048.
- For Intel® Parallel Composer, this issue is resolved in the update 2 revised release.
We've finished validation on Windows 7 and the above product updates or newer support Windows 7.
There is no work-around.
Please do the following:
- Download the latest update from the Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center.
- Rebuild your application with the new compiler and libraries.
[DISCLAIMER: The information on this web site is intended for hardware system manufacturers and software developers. Intel does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or utility of any information on this site. Intel may make changes to the information or the site at any time without notice. Intel makes no commitment to update the information at this site. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "as is" without any express, implied, or statutory warranty of any kind including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Independent companies manufacture the third-party products that are mentioned on this site. Intel is not responsible for the quality or performance of third-party products and makes no representation or warranty regarding such products. The third-party supplier remains solely responsible for the design, manufacture, sale and functionality of its products. Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.]