Reflecting on the 2018 InnovateFPGA Contest and looking forward to the 2019 InnovateFPGA Artificial Intelligence at the Edge contest.
Out of 441 entries from around the world, finalists were invited to compete in the 2018 InnovateFPGA Grand Final hosted at Intel’s San Jose campus.
Last year’s grand champions were the Emokpae brothers from the LASARRUS Clinic and Research Center. They developed a Flex Force Smart Glove for measuring sensorimotor stimulation powered by a Cyclone® V SoC FPGA on a Terasic DE10-Nano Kit. Runners up included projects that featured Real-time HDR Video Processing and the Object Detection Accelerator using a Convolutional Neural Network (CNN).
Try these projects on the Terasic DE10-Nano Kit.
Sign up for Terasic’s InnovateFPGA 2019 contest, where participants from around the world compete to invent the future of Artificial Intelligence in smart devices at the edge powered by a Cyclone® V FPGA or a Cyclone® V SoC device using the Terasic DE10-Nano Kit or the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit Starter Kit.
Participants will have the opportunity to win money, fame, and promotion opportunity with Intel. For more details of the contest visit the InnovateFPGA 2019 contest description page.
Here are some important dates to remember:
- June 30, 2019: End of design proposal registration
- July 7, 2019: Regional finalists announced, development begins
- October 8, 2019: Projects are complete, design papers and demo videos posted
- October 23, 2019: Regional Finals — top teams from each region continue to the Grand Final
- December 10-12, 2019: Grand Final event at FPT’19 in Tianjin, China
Between now and the Grand Final event, you are welcome to interact with the teams by providing comments and encouragement to the contestants. View the project pages here.
Sign up today before registration closes June 30th.
- InnovateFPGA page
- Gold Medalist: Flex Force Smart Glove Intel® Developer Zone Article / Github*
- Silver Medalist: Real Time HDR Video Intel® DZ Article / Github
- Bronze Medalist: PipeCNN - An OpenCL™ Based FPGA Accelerator for Convolution Neural Network Intel® DZ / Github
- Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
- Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit Starter Kit
- Cyclone ® V SoC device
- Cyclone ® V FPGA