Intel MKL 11.2 contains a number of optimizations for Symmetric Eigensolvers and SVD. These mostly related to large matrices N>4000, 6000, and on but speedups are significant comparing to the previous MKL 11.1. SVD brings up to 6 times (or even higher on large thread counts and matrix sizes), similarly for eigensolvers, several times could be observed.
List of related optimizations present in MKL 11.2 are:
- Improved performance of ?(SY/HE)(EV/EVR/EVD) when eigenvectors are not needed
- Improved performance of ?(SY/HE)(EV/EVD) when eigenvectors are needed
- Improved performance of ?(SY/HE)RDB
- Added Automatic Offload for ?SYRDB on Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture), which speeds up DSY(EV/EVD) when eigenvectors are not needed
- Improved performance of (S/D)GE(SVD/SDD) when M>=N and singular vectors are not needed
Below performance charts showcases the performance improvements for DGESVD and DSYEV routines on Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 processors.
We would like to get your feedback. Please use the comment box below to provide us feedback or submit it in http://premier.intel.com