The following issues can cause slow license checkouts:
- Old license server information or license files. Check the following places for invalid licenses and delete any found:
- INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable - make sure port@host is correct and any folders specified do not contain invalid license files.
- For Linux: /opt/intel/licenses
- For Windows: [Program Files]\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
License checkout for 2106 and newer product versions is very slow compared to the 2015 version on machines with remote access to the floating license server.
Please consider the End User License Agreement before attempting to use a Named User license on a cluster. The intent of a Named User license is that the tools are only used by the registered owner. If you are attempting to install for multiple users, consider a floating license instead.
When attempting to use Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2016 (any update) with a floating license, you may encounter errors such as:
(License server does not support this feature (-18,327)) (This platform not authorized by license (-89,337))
This error is caused by an outdated license server.
- Effective November 13, 2015, Intel® Cluster Studio SSR's will no longer be available for sale.
- Recent licensing changes will require an upgrade of your current license to receive an updated license to enable use of the 2016 version products, released this past August 2015.
I am a current Intel® Cluster Studio User with an active license. What do I need to do to update my license?