New in this release:
- OpenCL™ Code Builder is formally replacing the Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications product line. As part of Intel® INDE, the product includes all supported Windows and Android development features, previously available with the Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2014.
- OpenCL 2.0 support for 5th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with:
- Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100
- Intel® HD Graphics 6000
- Intel® HD Graphics 5500
- New supported runtime / driver features
- Supports Intel® Graphics driver version 15.36
- Supports OpenCL™ CPU-only Runtime 15.1 for Intel® Core™ processosrs (for systems without Intel Graphics).
- Fine-grained buffer SVM support with 5th Gen Intel Core Processors.
- New extensions:
cl_intel_advanced_motion_estimation- custom VME (Video Motion Estimation) Extension for HEVC hybrid encoding enabling. Supports motion estimation enhancements, skip, MV costing, and Intra frame prediction.
cl_intel_subgroups- enables work-items to share data without using local memory and global barriers. Similar to OpenCL 2.0 subgroups, with support also for 1.2 devices like 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors.
- New production features with the OpenCL™ Code Builder:
- Improvements in Visual Studio* development features: full coverage of syntax highlighting, more features of kernel development framework, such as2d graph summary view for what-if analysis, improved image support, cancel button, and more.
- Visual Studio* CPU Kernel Debugger supports OpenCL 2.0
- Visual Studio* GPU API debugger improved image view: advanced search options, advanced tracing.
- New preview features with the OpenCL™ Code Builder:
- Integration into Eclipse* IDEs for full support of OpenCL code development features, including what-if kernel analysis, and so on.
- More code analysis features:
- Occupancy, latency, and memory views
- Bug fixes in the API view
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.