The updated version contains several bug fixes when compared to the previous Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) 2017 Update 4 release. Information about new features of previous releases you can find under the following links.
- Added support for Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2017.
- Added graph/matmult example to demonstrate support for compute offload to Intel(R) Graphics Technology in the flow graph API.
- The "compiler" build option now allows to specify a full path to the compiler.
Changes affecting backward compatibility:
- Constructors for many classes, including graph nodes, concurrent containers, thread-local containers, etc., are declared explicit and cannot be used for implicit conversions anymore.
- Added a workaround for bug 16657 in the GNU C Library (glibc) affecting the debug version of tbb::mutex.
- Fixed a crash in pool_identify() called for an object allocated in another thread.