The updated version contains several bug fixes when compared to the previous Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) 2017 Update 4 release. Information about new features of previous release you can find under the following link.
- Added support for Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2017.
- Added graph/matmult example to demonstrate support for compute offload to Intel(R) Graphics Technology in the flow graph API.
- The "compiler" build option now allows to specify a full path to the compiler.
Changes affecting backward compatibility:
- Constructors for many classes, including graph nodes, concurrent containers, thread-local containers, etc., are declared explicit and cannot be used for implicit conversions anymore.
- Added a workaround for bug 16657 in the GNU C Library (glibc) affecting the debug version of tbb::mutex.
- Fixed a crash in pool_identify() called for an object allocated in another thread.
Intel TBB 2017 U5 is available as a part of Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2018 Beta and is installed with Parallel STL, an implementation of the C++ standard library algorithms with support for execution policies. For more information about Parallel STL, see Getting Started and Release Notes.
In addition, you can download the latest Intel TBB open source version from https://github.com/01org/tbb/releases.