Intel® Inspector XE 2013
The Intel® Inspector XE 2013 helps developers identify and resolve memory and threading correctness issues in their C, C++ and Fortran programs.
New for Update 9:
- Performance and memory consumption improvements during threading error analysis - The Intel Inspector still finds most data race and cross-thread stack access problems. If you discover you are missing problems, use the new Use maximum resources configuration setting to return to previous behavior.
- New suppression summary statistics when analysis is complete - Show how many suppression files and rules the Intel Inspector applied and how many problem instances it suppressed.
- New memory consumption graph during analysis - Shows how much memory the target application plus the Intel Inspector consume during analysis.
- Improved on-demand memory leak detection and memory growth measurement - Gathering memory leak information while an application is running is useful if:
- An application does not terminate (such as a server process).
- You want memory leak information, but you do not want to wait for an application to terminate.
- You want to determine if memory is leaked during a specific interval of application execution, or during a specific user action.
- You want to discard information about allocations performed during initialization as a way of filtering out allocations that are not currently of interest.
- Measuring memory growth helps you ensure an application uses no more memory than expected. This includes:
- Memory an application has allocated and still needs for future calculations
- Memory an application has allocated and no longer needs, but has not deallocated
- Memory an application has allocated and then leaked
· Training Videos (Click on "Learn" tab and select desired video)
Installer for Intel® Inspector XE 2013 Update 9 for Linux*
Installer for Intel® Inspector XE 2013 Update 9 for Windows*
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Microsoft, Windows, Visual Studio, Visual C++, and the Windows logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.