Workaround and Additional Information for the XE Upgrade Problem when using Intel Registration Center (IRC)Problem Description
There is a problem when upgrading a number of serial numbers to XE products where non-upgraded serial numbers disappear from the Intel® Registration Center (IRC) list. As soon as you upgrade a serial number to the corresponding XE product, the other non-upgraded serial number(s) will disappear from the “My Serial Numbers page” in IRC.
For example, consider if you had four C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux* products. See Table A below. Two of which have been upgraded to the C++ Composer XE for Linux* product and two of which have not.
TSCN-BSJSS528C1 Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux* (formerly Intel® C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*) 2011
LDCC-KF72SS2F71 Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux* (formerly Intel® C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*) 11.1
TSCN-3JGGDD3L61 Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux* (formerly Intel® C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*) 2011
TDCC-KLHSHH7Z71 Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux* (formerly Intel® C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*) 11.1
If you attempt to get a list of those serial numbers from the IRC, only those that have been upgraded are listed. See Figure 1 below.
At any time, you can get a complete list of your Serial Numbers including those that have been upgraded and those that have not been upgraded using the “Export to CVS” function on “My Intel® Software Development Products” page. To get a complete list of their serial numbers, you need to:
1. Go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com
2. Click the “Registered users login>” button.
3. Enter Intel login id and password.
4. A listing of registered Intel® Software products will appear (My Intel® Software Development Products page). See Figure 2 below.
5. Click the “Export to CSV” button. A “Download CSV file here” message will be displayed. See Figure 3.
6. Click here (text in blue) to obtain the File Download dialog box.
7. Save the CSV file. The CSV file tells you what Serial Numbers you have. Using the contents of this file which include upgraded and non-upgraded serial numbers, you will be able to know which of your serial numbers have been upgraded.
Upgrading Remaining Serial Numbers:
You do not need to know your product serial numbers to upgrade them to the corresponding XE products. To upgrade another serial number, you need to:
1. For example, click on the “Version 2011 (Initial Release)” circled in purple in the Download Latest Update column on their My Intel® Software Development Products page.
2. Click on the product name in the Upgrade product column on the Product Upgrade page. In this example, it is “Intel® C++ Composer XE for Windows* (formerly Intel® C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Windows*)”.
3. A file download page will be displayed with your new serial number (circled in purple below) for the corresponding XE product. See Figure 6 below. An email containing the new serial number will also be sent to you.
:You will need to follow the above steps for each serial number that you want to upgrade. When all serial numbers have been upgraded, you will no longer see the Product Upgrade page and will be taken directly to the file download page.
We apologize for this inconvenience and are investigating alternatives to this workaround.