People around the world are getting ready to come to San Francisco next week for IDF 2013. One of the most popular events at IDF is the Technology Showcase, which includes a mind-boggling array of sponsored exhibits, technology communities, and hands-on displays at the Intel Pavilions.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Top technology companies from a variety of points on the computing spectrum will be at IDF demoing their latest innovations in software and hardware. IDF 2013 sponsors and exhibitors include:
- EMC: “EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect, and analyze their most valuable asset—information—in a more agile, trusted, and cost-efficient way.”
- Supermicro: “Super Micro Computer, Inc. or Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology and innovation is a premier provider of end-to-end green computing solutions for HPC, Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro's advanced server Building Block Solutions® offers a vast array of modular, interoperable components for building energy-efficient, application-optimized, computing solutions.”
- Lenovo: “Dedicated to exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile Internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Its product lines include the legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Lenovo-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile Internet devices, including tablets and smartphones. Globally, Lenovo has accelerated its transformation to become a top competitor in the PC Plus era, capturing a significant market share in Smart Connected Devices.”
- VMWare: “VMware enables enterprises to adopt a cloud model that addresses their unique business challenges. VMware’s approach accelerates the transition to cloud computing while preserving existing investments and improving security and control.”
IDF gives attendees the chance to connect directly with companies focuses on a wide variety of technology topics. Learn about what these companies are doing and talk about your specific interests in with key community leaders. These communities include:
- HTML5: “When Tim Berners-Lee invented the web by linking one document to another ― called hypertext ― it was a breakthrough. We’ve come a long way since then. Learn how far we can go with the language of the Web: HTML5. Intel has a vision to enable developers to easily navigate HTML5 technologies to achieve the cross platform promise of write once run anywhere and to gain time to market advantage on a broad range of platforms. At the HTML5 Community you’ll learn about HTML 5, the latest trends, technology, techniques, and tools. You’ll also be able to interact with both Intel experts and the W3C, and see what’s possible with HTML5 through compelling demos.” HTML5 Community Exhibitors include: Intel, W3C
- Intelligent Systems Community: “Come discover the possibilities enabled through the expanding Internet of Things, where billions of connected devices sharing information are driving significant new business opportunities. At the Intelligent Systems Community showcase, members of the Intel® Intelligent Systems Alliance are showcasing connected, managed, and secure solutions that are making the Internet of Things a reality. With everything from modular components to market-ready systems, Intel and the 200+ global member companies of the Intel Intelligent Systems Alliance can enable you to join in this incredible opportunity. We’re in the exhibit hall at IDF. Look for signs directing you to the Intelligent Systems Community and the Internet of Things.” Intelligent Systems Community exhibitors include: ADI Engineering, ADLINK Technology, Inc., Advantech Co. Ltd,Congatec, Dell OEM Solutions, Emerson Network Power, Flexera Software, Green Hills Software, HCL America,J&W Electronics Co., Ltd., Kontron, Lauterbach Inc., M2Mi, McAfee, Micron Technology Inc., Sage Electronic Engineering, SBS Science & Technology Co. Ltd, Telit Wireless Solutions, WIN Enterprises
- Thunderbolt™ Community: “Thunderbolt™ is the fastest and most versatile PC I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. The recent Thunderbolt™ 2 announcement takes it even faster, up to 20Gbps, supporting 4K video file transfer and display simultaneously. There is a growing ecosystem of PCs and devices with Thunderbolt™ from leading companies worldwide, with many new products coming out in 2013. Check out the Thunderbolt™ Community to see the latest products and demos from the many companies that are fueling this ecosystem.” Thunderbolt™ community exhibitors include: ASMedia Technologies Inc., Corning Cable Systems, Foxconn Electronics, GoodWay Technology, HP, Intel, Lintes Technology, Magma, NXP Semiconductors, Promise, Quanta Storage, Silicon Power Computer & Communications Inc, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Texas Instruments,Thunderbolt, VESA
Talk directly to engineers responsible for developing and implanting the latest in Intel® cutting edge technologies. See demos of the latest innovations in cloud, data center, Ultrabook™, tablets, security, and research.
IDF Pavilions include:
- Advanced Technology Zone: “Come to the Advanced Technology Zone and experience cutting edge technologies on Intel® architecture. Learn about new solutions in performance, media and graphics, wireless, and perceptual computing.”
- Intel Labs Pavilion: “Intel's Labs is responsible for developing technologies that will make Intel's future platforms more capable, as well as more effective in addressing users' needs and experiences. Some of our research is focused on fueling innovation for platforms that will be in the market in the next few years while other research projects explore technologies that are more than a decade away. While Intel Labs conducts research over a broad spectrum of technology areas, this year the labs will be showing demos related to big data and the data economy, sustainability, green power enabling, Multi-Radio Access Technology (RAT), display technologies and display techniques, security and authentication technology and other high performance computing approaches.”
- Mobility Zone: “Experience the latest breadth of innovative devices brought to you by Intel® processors. See, feel and touch the latest design innovations in tablets, 2-in-1 devices and Ultrabooks™. Explore the latest family of Intel® Atom™ processors for smartphones with Google Android.”
Will you be there?
As you can see, there is a lot going on at IDF 2013 – and this article really only hits the tip of the iceberg! Are you going to IDF next week? What are you looking forward to? Let us know in the comments!