DATE: December 22, 2015
This driver is in self installing format (exe) intended for end users.
This driver is in zip format intended for developers and IT professionals.
This driver provides fixes for 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors in the following areas: display flicker issues, fixes for various hangs and graphics corruption, and stability fixes for Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540.
This driver is for 6th Generation Intel® Core processors, Intel Core™ M, and related Pentium® processors with Intel® HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530, Intel® Iris Graphics 540 and Intel® Iris Graphics 550.
4th and 5th Generation Intel Core and related processors are not supported with this driver but will be supported in future drivers.
CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE:
Intel® Graphics Driver
Intel® Display Audio Driver
Intel® Media SDK Runtime
Intel® OpenCL* Driver
Intel® Graphics Control Panel
KEY ISSUES FIXED:
Display may flicker on 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors
Corruption seen in Microsoft Store Maps application
Stability Fixes for 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors w/ Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540
System may hang on systems with both discrete graphics and Intel graphics
System may hang on GfxBench
System may hang on systems with HD Graphics 510
Reduce probability of getting a blue screen in certain scenarios
On 6th Generation Intel Core and Intel Mobile Xeon processors and related Pentium/Celeron:
Microsoft Windows* 10 64-bit
Microsoft Windows* 8.1 64-bit
Microsoft Windows* 7 64-bit, 32-bit
All platforms with the following configurations are supported:
6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® HD Graphics 520/530
6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540/550
Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1500M v5 family with Intel® HD Graphics P530
Intel® Core™ M with Intel® HD Graphics 515
Pentium Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 510
- If you are uncertain which Intel processor is in your computer, Intel recommends using the Intel Processor Identification Utility or Intel Driver Update Utility to identify your Intel processor.
- In the Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Control Panel (under Options > Options menu > Information Center), the ’Installed DirectX* version’ refers to the operating system’s DirectX version. The Information Center’s ‘Supported DirectX* Version’ refers to the Intel Graphics Driver’s supported DirectX version. The DirectX 12 API is supported but some optional features may not be available. Applications using the DirectX 12 API should query for feature support before using specific hardware features. Please note that DirectX12 is only supported on Windows 10 and DirectX11.3 support is also available on supported Microsoft* operating systems.
Graphics corruption may be observed in Just Cause 3*, Battlefield 4*, Battlefield Hardline*, Might and Magic Heroes VII*, GRID Autosport*, Metal Gear Solid V*, EVE Online*, Angry Birds*, The Witcher 3*, Netflix* with Edge* browser, Kishonti* benchmark
Hang may occur in Grand Theft Auto V*
Assassins Creed Syndicate* may stop responding
Game returns to desktop during gameplay on Fallout 4*, Lego Jurassic World*.
Game gets dimmed on Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars*
Flickering may be seen on GFXBench 4.0
System may hang in when running 3DMark-v1-5-915
Unable to play back Amazon Prime video after resume from S3 or S4
Black screen in transcoded videos may be seen when using Corel DDR Move* and potentially other media transcode applications
More on Intel® Core™ processors
For more information on the Intel® Core™ processor family, Intel® Xeon® processor E3 family, and 6th Generation Intel Core processors, please visit:
For the best gaming experience on 5th Gen Core and newer processors, see gameplay.intel.com.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
- Intel® HD Graphics 530 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel® HD Graphics 510 for Intel® Pentium® Processors
- Intel® HD Graphics 515 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ M Processors
- Intel® HD Graphics 520 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel® Iris™ Graphics 550 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors