We are pleased to announce 20 how-to Intel® IoT Technology code samples in Java. These applications are part of a series of how-to Intel® IoT Technology code sample exercises using the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, Intel® Edison development platform, APIs, and other technologies, and are designed for anyone interested in learning IoT development.
A complete list of these Java* code samples is provided below, along with their links to instructions and code.
From these exercises, developers will learn how to:
- Connect the Intel® Edison board, which is a computing platform designed for prototyping and producing IoT and wearable computing products.
- Interface with the Intel® Edison board IO and sensor repository using MRAA and UPM from the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, which is a complete hardware and software solution to help developers explore the IoT and implement innovative projects.
- Run these code samples in Intel® System Studio IoT Edition (Eclipse* IDE for C/C++ and Java development) for creating applications that interact with sensors and actuators, enabling a quick start for developing software for Intel-based IoT platforms.
- Set up a web application server and store data using Azure* Redis Cache* from Microsoft, Redis Store from IBM Bluemix*, or ElastiCache* using Redis* from Amazon Web Services*, different cloud services for connecting IoT solutions, including:
Productivity tools to simplify the process of connecting your sensors to the cloud and getting your IoT project up and running quickly
Invoke the services of APIs, including:
Twilio*, to sending text messages
The United States Geological Survey* (USGS*), to access earthquake data
Weather Underground*, to access weather data
To get started, select any of these titles:
- Access control
- Air quality sensor
- Alarm clock
- Bluetooth® low energy scan bracelet
- Close call reporter
- Color match game
- Earthquake detector
- Equipment activity monitor
- Field data reporter
- Fire alarm
- Home fall tracker
- Line following robot
- Plant lighting system
- Range finder scanner
- Robot arm
- Smart stove top
- Sound detector
- Storage unit flood detector
- Watering system