Deliver Fast Video Processing in Smart Camera and Connected Car Applications
We enthusiastically announce the launch of Intel® Media SDK for Embedded Linux*!
Smart camera and connected car developers can now deliver fast and efficient video processing in media applications with the Intel® Media SDK for Embedded Linux. This opens the door for optimizing video streaming to and from smart camera usages across a host of devices: drones, phones, robotics, videocams, cars, players and editors, and more.
Just released, the Intel® Media SDK for Embedded Linux supports the latest Intel Atom®, Pentium® and Celeron® processors as well as Yocto Project* (a comprehensive embedded Linux development environment). Together, this SDK along with Intel processor-based platforms bring real-time computing in digital surveillance and new in-vehicle experiences.
Get Fast Media Performance with Hardware-Accelerated Codecs
The Media SDK provides access to Intel® Quick Sync Video (hardware-accelerated video codecs in the Intel graphics processor), which helps developers achieve outstanding encoding, decoding and processing performance. The SDK supports many widely-adopted codecs such as HEVC, AVC, MPEG-2 and more. Its APIs deliver rich capabilities to tune the video encoding pipeline for the best visual quality. Ensure reliability in long-term production deployments (the Media SDK libraries were tested for enhanced stress and error robustness).
Visit the Intel Media SDK site to learn more (a Windows* version is also available).
The Media SDK library inputs and outputs the elementary video stream to process the data; it works with the mux/demux component from the software in the market to manage the video stream in the standard container.
In this Release
- Access to Intel® Media SDK features for embedded processors (List at ark.intel.com.)
- Encoders: AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MJPEG
- Decoders: AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MJPEG, MPEG-2, VC-1, VP8
- VPP functions like crop, rotate, resize, color conversion and more.
- Instructions to build Yocto images enabled to access processor graphics acceleration.
- Intel® Celeron® Processor: N3350
- Intel® Pentium® Processor: N4200
- Intel® Atom® Processors: E3930, E3940, E3950
Note: Please refer to the latest Yocto Project BKC for the detailed support information, and the latest Getting Started Guide.
Learn More, Support Resources
- Learn more about Intel Media SDK
- Get documentation and more support resources
- For questions not available in the support resources, visit the Intel Media SDK Forum
- To innovate and optimize enterprise-grade media applications and solutions for data center, cloud, and network usages, download Intel® Media Server Studio.