DATE: November 28, 2018
Introducing Intel’s Windows* DCH Driver. Intel and Microsoft have worked together to make this transition as seamless as possible. There shouldn't be any impact to your everyday experience. We recommend getting the graphics driver updates directly from your computer manufacturer. Updates for your Intel® Graphics driver can also be downloaded automatically and installed through Windows Update.
This Windows DCH driver requires an internet connection for Windows to automatically download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store.
Earlier this year, Intel® introduced a feature in the Graphics Control Panel to automatically tune game settings for Intel® Graphics on 6th Gen Core Processors or higher (including 8th Gen Core Processors with Radeon RX Vega M Graphics). Today, we are adding new capabilities and supporting more games!
- 12 newly supported games
- “Rescan” button to detect newly installed games without having to restart the system
Recently, Intel® Graphics Compiler switched from SPIR* to SPIR-V* as an intermediate representation for OpenCL™ workloads. This shows our commitment to support Khronos* open standards. To know more about the benefits of using SPIR-V in OpenCL, refer here
Highlights for Developers:
- Media SDK Version Updated to 8.0.083-M
- Vulkan version updated 1.1.89
- Added support for Vulkan extensions:
- Enables below compilation options for OpenCL to fix clDNN regressions:
- Intel Media SDK Event Notification Fixes.
- Vulkan Driver Stability Improvements.
- Reduces RAM consumption when using OpenGL.