NOTE: See the article on "How to find Host ID for Floating licenses".
There are two ways to change the host data associated with a floating license. You can either edit the host data, or, if you plan to install the Intel® Software License Manager on a new server, you can delete the host information and allow the license manager installer to provide the host data automatically.
Log in to the Intel® Registration Center by entering your login ID and password. You will see two tabs: Serial Numbers and Products List.
Select the Serial Numbers tab and click on the serial number for the license you would like to change. This will bring you to the Manage License page. [NOTE: Serial numbers are greyed out and inactive if the license has expired or you do not have administrative rights to modify the license. Expired licenses may be hidden or shown by toggling the link near the top.]
- Click the Modify Host information button (currently an edit pencil)
- Enter the new server/host information and click "Submit". If you have two or three redundant license server systems, please follow the special instructions in step 7 below.
- If you intend to install and configure two or three redundant license host servers, you must specify the host name and host id for each of your license host server systems when you register your floating license(s). Click the box for three redundant host servers, and enter the uniques host name and host id for each one. If you only have two license host server systems, enter a valid system name and host id for another system you do not intend to use as a license host server system, but remember that both of your valid license host server systems must be up and running at all times. All three entries for redundant license host server systems must be unique, so any duplicates will not allow the license to be updated and generated properly. Click Submit when you complete your redundant license host server information entries.
Note: FlexNet licensing does not support two license servers - only one or three. If using three-server redundancy, a least two servers must be up and running at all times or the license server will be "down". Ensure that the servers are on the same network subnet. Also, the second and third servers are only hot spares, so using them to provide local connections is not a valid use.
- If you do not get any errors, then click on "Resend license file to my email". You will receive your new license file via email shortly.
- After you receive your updated .lic license file, you must replace the old license file with the new one on your license host server system(s). If you use a combined license file (see section 4.3 in the Intel FLEXlm* User Guide), you must update your combined license file with the new license information.
- After your new license file or updated combined license file is on your license host server system(s), you must restart your license host server process on the license host server system(s) so your new license file or updated combine license file will be read.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 for Edit the host data above.
- Click the Remove host data button (currently an X)
- If you use the serial number for this license when installing the Intel® Software License Manager, it will automatically populate the host information provided the server is connected to the internet.
Check out the Licensing FAQ
Or ask in our Intel® Software Development Products Download, Registration & Licensing Forum