This guide contains steps to build Java* projects for Linux* targets, using the Intel® System Studio. This workflow includes Internet of Things (IoT) projects.
The Intel System Studio contains plug-ins for Eclipse* that allows you to connect to, update, and program Java* projects on a compatible target platform. You can take advantage of example projects and sample code, manage connections to target platforms, update the middleware libraries on your target platform, and more.
NoteYou might not have all of the tools and libraries mentioned in this guide. To download additional Intel System Studio tools and libraries, visit the product page on the Intel Developer Zone.
The version of the Intel System Studio covered in this guide provides support for the following target platforms running Ubuntu* 16.04:
- The UP2* board
- Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE
- Minnowboard Turbot Dual-Core*
- Minnowboard Turbot Quad-Core*
- Minnowboard Turbot Dual Ethernet Dual-Core*
- Minnowboard Turbot Dual Ethernet Quad-Core*
- Minnowboard Max*
- Any x86-64 board running Ubuntu 16.04 -- the I/O functionality is supported if MRAA* supports it.
- You have already powered your target platform and connected it to your host computer. Your target platform must be running Ubuntu* 16.04.
- For steps to set up the UP2 board, see the UP SQUARED* Grove IoT Development Kit Getting Started Guide.
- For steps to set up supported Intel® IoT Gateways, including the Intel NUC, see Setting up an Intel® IoT Gateway using the Intel® IoT Developer Kit and Ubuntu*.
- You have installed the Intel System Studio. For general instructions to install the application, see the readme.
- If you have a Windows host system, Windows 7 and above is supported.
- If you have a Linux host system, Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04 are supported.
You must have an internet connection to run the Intel System Studio and create projects. The reason is that project samples need to be downloaded from the Internet.
- Creating Projects
- Managing Projects and Connections
This section contains steps to manage projects and connections in the Intel® System Studio.
- Updating and Synchronizing Board Packages
- Adding Third-Party Libraries (manual process)
- Running Java* IoT Applications Outside of the Intel® System Studio
- Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Legal Information