Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 16, November 2013
- File: parallel-universe-issue-16.pdf
- Size:7.19 MB
- Letter from the Editor: Performance Hits the Streets, by James Reinders
- Introducing Intel® Cluster Studio XE 2013 SP1, by James Tullos
Provides a quick reference to the newest features of this HPC software development tool suite. These include the latest improvements to the Intel® MPI Library and the Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector to help distributed memory programs run faster and more effectively.
- Full throttle: OpenMP* 4.0, by Michael Klemm and Christian Terboven
OpenMP takes a quantum leap with new features supporting OpenMP tasks, SIMD instructions, and the effective integration of application code, third-party libraries, and hardware to achieve a highly efficient solution.
- Profiling MPI Communications—Techniques for High Performance, by James Tullos
Focuses on Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector (ITAC), a performance analysis tool which is part of Intel® Cluster Studio XE SP1. ITAC provides the ability to profile and analyze MPI applications to find areas for performance improvement.
- Pexip Speeds Videoconferencing with Intel® Parallel Studio XE, by Stephen Blair-Chappell
See how Pexip has been able to match, and even exceed, the performance of traditional conferencing systems— designing a cost-effective alternative with expanded processing capabilities.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.