Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 18, June 2014
- File: parallel-universe-issue-18.pdf
- Size:3.19 MB
- Letter from the Editor, by James Reinders
Speaking in Code
- Graduate from MIT to GCC Mainline with Intel® Cilk™ Plus
Intel® Cilk™ Plus provides a higher level of abstraction than other threading frameworks. This article explores its capabilities for expressing task and data parallelism.
- Flow Graphs, Speculative Locks, and Task Arenas in Intel® Threading Building Blocks
A look at Intel® TBB features, including the ﬂow graph interface, speculative locks that take advantage of the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) technology, and user-managed task arenas that provide enhanced concurrency control and work isolation.
- 20 Years of the MPI Standard: Now with a Common Application Binary Interface
Examines MPI compatibility issues and resolution, as well as the potential of the upcoming common MPI Application Binary Interface (ABI).
- Mastering Performance Challenges with the New MPI-3 Standard
Find out how to measure the overlap of communication and computation, and how an MPI application can benefit from nonblocking collective communication.
- An OpenMP* Timeline
An infographic time-capsule of OpenMP*.
- Leverage Your OpenCL™ Investment on Intel® Architectures
Get more out of OpenCL™—from cross-device portability to the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.